Home

NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #33
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
So does this mean I can call a timeout to settle everyone down or someone in particular? I remember there was a photo of coach points of emphasis during timeouts but I forgot what they were.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 8
If all of the things I read in this thread aren't in, I hope 2K is reading this for 2K15. If these things become a part of the game, EA just needs to make NBA Street again so we can have a sim and an arcade game on next gen.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #35
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Hopefully this is something that can be turned on or off in the settings menu.... Because I can see myself getting pissed if this costs me in a key game where as NBA players they should be locked in from start to finish, no matter if the stars are getting the majority of the shots. But I gotta admit the feature does sound cool.
I doubt if you did miss a shot that cost you the game that you'd know it was because the guy was rattled. And even if you did, that's real. In real life NBA players aren't locked in from start to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
So does this mean I can call a timeout to settle everyone down or someone in particular? I remember there was a photo of coach points of emphasis during timeouts but I forgot what they were.
There are a TON of points of emphasis you can choose from. You can choose 1 offense, 1 defense & 1 flex. They range from things like "Shoot at Will", "Key on a specific player", "Pick & Roll", "crash the boards", "play the shooters", etc.

Pretty sure you can adjust these on the fly as well but it WILL change the way your team is playing on the court. In the Live stream game after Chris made some changes to his points of emphasis his team played a different way and started playing better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #36
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Damn what else does this game have lol. Can't wait for Friday.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #37
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & Mo

With all this foot planting and emotions implemented into the game I hope u can finally play position basketball and take CHARGES cause we all know those are high points of emotions and game changers both for offenses and defenses
Old 11-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4
If only 2k14 had couch co-op in association, it'd be a first day buy.

I may end up picking it up during a sale.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

Does anyone know what the emotion badges and personality badges are?

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #40
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoore0192
Does anyone know what the emotion badges and personality badges are?
LD2k said that they were going to tell us what they are later today....at least I think its today...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »