Home

Anyone Else Switch To PS4 Due To Pure Impatience?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Switch To PS4 Due To Pure Impatience? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone Else Switch To PS4 Due To Pure Impatience?

........crazy
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
Call me crazy, but I've been team XB1 for a couple months now. But as we were getting closer to the 15th, I found myself chomping at the bit for some 2K14 Next Gen. I ended up selling my 360 in 5 min yesterday after putting up an FB status. Once I got the cash in hand, I figured "Hell, I can take this plus the money I have on my XB1, and get a PS4 for $100 less." Now, I'm gonna stand in line for 5 or 6 hours tomorrow evening to get my hands on one of Gamestop's extra consoles. Did timing of release motivate any of you guys to switch? Did you find yourself justifying it in every way you can (like me, lol)? Does anyone feel like there'll be a distinct advantage either system will have as it relates to 2K14? I know one thing, "I CAN'T WAIT" to join you Sony guys tomorrow night/Friday morning!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
It seems to me that the PS4 is the lead platform for NBA 2K so from that standpoint, there may be an advantage. I'd say more, but there's enough XBone vs PS4 banter out there... in my humble opinion tho, you got the better system.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

I think everyone is overexaggerating this whole PS4 and Xbone battle. They will both be good systems

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #12
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Stay with Xbox One mate. Think about the long run, you'll have this system for the next 6-8 years, is getting 2K one week earlier really worth it? I'm as eager as anyone to get 2k14 and go straight into MyGM, but you just have to be patient.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

I guess I will post my opinion about it. I have both systems preordered and have been more of an Xbox 360 guy, though I do have a PS3. PS4 coming out a week earlier, being $100 cheaper surely makes a difference. From what I have seen and read, debs like 2K prefer PS4 a lot more. That being said, I truly have no loyalty either way. I am a consumer and just want a good product. Next-gen I will handle like current gen. I will get the big name exclusives for both systems if they are something I like and the ones that come out cross platform, I will get the ones that are best rated.

Speaking as a consumer, what I did this time is pre-ordered the PS4 and Xbone to make sure I had them both at launch, but I got most of the games on the PS4 because the previews seem to say cross platform is better there. I also think that extra $100 is a lot to ask for not much diff other than a camera. Currently I have NBA 2K14, Killzone, Madden 25, COD and BF4 sitting here in front of me waiting for my PS4. I feel as though if I am going to get a next gen feel then I will go all the way. If it is enough gaming for me, then I may cancel my Xbone preorder and get it at a price drop or christmas if I have to have it. $500 seems like a lot for just a couple exclusives at launch. Also I am hoping for good black friday deals, but it looks like the best deal is the current Target B2G1. Unfortunately the Xbone titles are not on the shelf yet....

what do you all think about this approach?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Ain't gonna lie I've wanted to switch so bad, but my girl will use the kinect and with the 10$ trade up deal at gamestop id actually be losing money with purchasing the playstation eye also

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
Call me crazy, but I've been team XB1 for a couple months now. But as we were getting closer to the 15th, I found myself chomping at the bit for some 2K14 Next Gen. I ended up selling my 360 in 5 min yesterday after putting up an FB status. Once I got the cash in hand, I figured "Hell, I can take this plus the money I have on my XB1, and get a PS4 for $100 less." Now, I'm gonna stand in line for 5 or 6 hours tomorrow evening to get my hands on one of Gamestop's extra consoles. Did timing of release motivate any of you guys to switch? Did you find yourself justifying it in every way you can (like me, lol)? Does anyone feel like there'll be a distinct advantage either system will have as it relates to 2K14? I know one thing, "I CAN'T WAIT" to join you Sony guys tomorrow night/Friday morning!

Good luck, but I live in a small town (Nashua, NH) and all 3 gamestops my friend called said they wouldnt have any extras.

---------------------------------------------
" Don't let the liberal media tell you how to think and feel! If you have hate I'm your heart let it out"

-Clayton Bigsby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by javicd21
Good luck, but I live in a small town (Nashua, NH) and all 3 gamestops my friend called said they wouldnt have any extras.

---------------------------------------------
" Don't let the liberal media tell you how to think and feel! If you have hate I'm your heart let it out"

-Clayton Bigsby
Yeah the 3 main Gamestops in my area have anywhere from 7 to 30 plus.

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »