Home

Points Of Emphasis Discussion

This is a discussion on Points Of Emphasis Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Points Of Emphasis Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
My problem is there is no way to force a team to it's weakness.

For example, if I was playing the grizzlies and wanted to play tight on everyone except Tony Allen to force him to shoot, I can't.

If I wanted just my bigs to sag off and help while taking away shooters, I can't.

Etc.

Control is key.
Exactly, that is my issue I'm having right now, 2K gave us more strategy options but took away basic options, these seems to be the general theme for NextGen NBA2K gave us more/cooler stuff but took away some basic user options in the game.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
When I changed my point of emphasis to pick and roll, we ran pick and rolls with the smart play. So yes the playcalls do correspond with the Point of emphasis.
Could this be the reason why customized play books, or basically any of the playbooks, don't work? And is there a way to have no offensive point of emphasis? Just wondering if this would allow each team's playbook to actually be used.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #35
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Can we get a dev to chime in and break this POE down for everyone?

Edit: Im sure a lot of these are self explanatory but I want to know how 1 works with another with the flex POE and what we lose and gain with each one. Also Id like to know if we lost all control on hedging, going over or under on screens or is this within 1 of the POE's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #36
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

I can't play defense for anything on next gen now thanks to this lol
Old 11-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 0

May be a dumb question, but what exactly is the Flex P.O.E? Lol bit confused. There are both offense and defense options in there.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarSC
May be a dumb question, but what exactly is the Flex P.O.E? Lol bit confused. There are both offense and defense options in there.
I think it is jsut there to give you an extra level of control. Like you can set your offense to run pick and rolls, but also to run through James Harden
Old 11-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #39
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

This is why this thread needs a dev to chime in. Everyone is saying "I think" or "what does", etc. I think when 2k adds things like this we need to know what they do exactly and get an insight or something. If we can't even understand it completely ourselves how is the casual gamer going to know what the hell he's doing?

What I'm curious about is how does this help by taking out help defense slider as well as individual player PNR adjustments. These seem to be 2 areas that get lost. If these 2 (POE & old coaching options) were joined as 1 would that not be a great thing? Along with the ability to preset before going into a game so each player doesn't waste 10 minutes setting it all before game and maybe thats what they were trying to eliminate along with tight on everyone cheese online???
Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I'm sorry to bump but I see a lot off people complaining that "sag off, play tight, " etc are not in the game. They ARE there but basically through the use of points of emphasis. It's also more realistic this way. No more play tight double-teaming the whole team. You actually have to strategize your defense!
The old defensive settings were more in-depth this is just dumbed down. And this doesn't offer more strategy, for example what if I want to switch on every screen (Mike Woodson NYK defense) which POE do I pick to do that??? I'll wait. What if I want to take away the paint (Nothing Inside POE) play tight and Deny a shooter like Ray Allen, but not make him THE focus of my defense. Which POE do I pick then. Before i would sag everyone except the man on Allen, tight on ball/deny off ball on him, double Lebron. They took away a lot of depth from a defensive stand point. Hopefully they patch the old settings back in or bring them back next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »