Home

NBA 2K14 - Michael Jordan Uncensored Part II, Some Next-Gen Legends Shown

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - Michael Jordan Uncensored Part II, Some Next-Gen Legends Shown within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Michael Jordan & Other legends NExt-Gen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
You're under-estimating how skinny Jordan actually was.

Whats throwing you off is the muscle definition in his arms. But then you could say that for most players. It's not actually the body that's wrong, but the size or definition of the arms.
I'd say it's a little of both, but yeah, there's no muscle definition and shoulder development in the thinner arms. They gave everyone Durant's arms.

Would have liked to see a musclar/defined option for certain players (Iggy, Jordan, Pippen, etc.) who have lean arms but pronounced muscle development. Same goes for Hakeem, too. He looks weak and spindley when in real life he looked anything but.

Latter Jordan was much more built, including number 45 Jordan, who is still skinny in the clip.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #50
Rookie

marsblackmon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
To be fair. Ron Harper rarely if ever wore the same colorway of the same shoe as Jordan in game. If Jordan was rocking the Bred XI's, then Ron was rocking the Space Jams. So technically they're only inaccurate in that colorway Ron was wearing in the vid doesn't exist.
You're half right.

That was true for the Air Jordan XII and the Air Jordan XIII, but not the Air Jordan XI. (Ron Harper would also wear a myriad of Jordan Brand team shoes and assorted Nikes, but for 1995-96, if he was wearing Air Jordan XI's, he was wearing the very same color that Jordan was wearing.) I am humbly stating this, while acknowledging that it doesn't sound humble: But I do know the Bulls championship years better than most, as well as sneakers. The "Space Jam" wasn't readily available to the general public or Ron Harper, during the 1995-96 season.

Though the shoe has now retroed multiple times, the Air Jordan XI retro of black/varsity royal/white wasn't released to the general public for retail sale until 2000 or 2001. It was actually what they called a "Retro +" color, before Nike/Jordan Brand even thought up the term, I think.

It was only a retro in 2000-01, because Jordan had already worn them earlier in the 1995 playoffs, after being fined for wearing the "Concords," and not matching the sanctioned black shoe regime, that the Bulls had requested and instated in the 1988-89 playoffs.

Last edited by marsblackmon; 11-13-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Also, I've always been familiar with Jordan's #12 game against the Magic, but I never knew the part about members of the Bulls organization heading into the crowd to look for #23 replicas MJ could wear. Hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #52
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon
You're half right.

That was true for the Air Jordan XII and the Air Jordan XIII, but not the Air Jordan XI. (Ron Harper would also wear a myriad of Jordan Brand team shoes and assorted Nikes, but for 1995-96, if he was wearing Air Jordan XI's, he was wearing the very same color that Jordan was wearing.) I am humbly stating this, while acknowledging that it doesn't sound humble: But I do know the Bulls championship years better than most, as well as sneakers. The "Space Jam" wasn't readily available to the general public or Ron Harper, during the 1995-96 season.

Though the shoe has now retroed multiple times, the Air Jordan XI retro of black/varsity royal/white wasn't released to the general public for retail sale until 2000 or 2001. It was actually what they called a "Retro +" color, before Nike/Jordan Brand even thought up the term, I think.

It was only a retro in 2000-01, because Jordan had already worn them earlier in the 1995 playoffs, after being fined for wearing the "Concords," and not matching the sanctioned black shoe regime, that the Bulls had requested and instated in the 1988-89 playoffs.
You're probably right. But considering Ron was playing with Jordan, I doubt the Space Jams not being available at retail would stop him from being able to secure a pair. Hell Joe Johnson was wearing the Low white/black/red colorways well before they were available at retail last season as a Jordan Brand guy. I know Ron wasn't a JB guy (don't even think there were JB athletes at the time outside of Jordan at the time) but being a teammate with Mike probably meant he didn't have to go to the store to buy the J's he was normally wearing. Much like when Pip wore J's. Highly doubt he bought them from Footlocker.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #53
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Why are the numbers on jerseys so small? Both retro and current teams. Not super obvious, but is bugging me.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 7

what's up with those fake jordans in the game? lol EDIT PLEASE
Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #55
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Wow great video!
I didn't see worthy coming in MJ fav teammates
Anyway someone told him that he would need some serious 3pt shooting if he want to compete in 2k online cheese fest
well they did win the national championship together at UNC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1
Pink jerseys transfer to next gen yet again ( red is still pink ?? Why ) and they celebrate the worlds greatest athlete ever with a generic Jordan face ... Arms seem to have no definition , very skinny and generic on most player models .... Game looks great ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »