Home

Create A Player Screens

This is a discussion on Create A Player Screens within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Create A Player Screens

Wait this No cap sounding like all speculation do we know of this for sure??? Who HAS the game and are able to confirm this?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #42
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslimm
Wait this No cap sounding like all speculation do we know of this for sure??? Who HAS the game and are able to confirm this?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Saw it live last night during shakes stream...pretty sure he will stream for OS later on again
http://www.twitch.tv/shakedowncapo

heres what I've learned from last night
  • Can't put headbands on players
  • Can't add missing legends
  • There is no Create A Player
  • Arm wingspan and Shoulder size are editable via sliders
Old 11-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

No CAP is just awful. I always enjoyed creating a bunch of legends and watch their career pan out with each other.

2Ks CAP was awful the last few years. The last year you could truly make a guy look like himself was 2k11. Hopefully next year they go back to something like that. A CAP like MLB The Show would be perfect. I really hope they add this in the future, it only makes their games better and more enjoyable for their fans.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Man, if the create-a-player thing is true, that's a tough pill to swallow. Customizing my own experience, particularly in regards to legends, might be the #1 thing I look for in NBA 2K. I play MyPlayer, Association, and NBA Today, but I'm not sure I've spent more time and had more fun than when I was using full classic rosters (particularly when entire years were made).

If true, it would seem the removal of create-a-player would be the complete opposite direction games should be going. Shouldn't we be getting more freedom and more ways to customize and create our own personal experiences? I was expecting maybe next generation would find ways to allow us to apply city or team names to create-a-team jerseys, and I figured there'd be create-a-court at some point, and I figured create-a-player would receive a long-overdue overhaul.

Instead, it's being rumored each of those aspects have been removed? Yeesh. It seems 2K is looking to dictate a narrow experience for users as opposed to allowing us to carve our own path. That is not neat.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #45
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Thanks for the answer Marv,

Could you see something on the player edit menu?? if team colors, shoes... still work the same way they did in CG?

Did he show something of the roster editor possibilities?
Shoes are directly tied into the Team Colors. In the stream, he played with the Rockets with the early 2000s Navy Blue jerseys, the shoes were Red/Yellow.

The Roster Editor is basically the roster editor of right now, but they added 3 sliders for body morphing, 3 personality badges to apply to players, increase to 8 Sig Skills per player, now 22 ISO Crossover packages, he didn't get into the ratings though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #46
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Shoes are directly tied into the Team Colors. In the stream, he played with the Rockets with the early 2000s Navy Blue jerseys, the shoes were Red/Yellow.

The Roster Editor is basically the roster editor of right now, but they added 3 sliders for body morphing, 3 personality badges to apply to players, increase to 8 Sig Skills per player, now 22 ISO Crossover packages, he didn't get into the ratings though.

Don't know man, it's weird. If shoe colors are linked to team colors there should be some trace of navy in them (because each uni has its team colors)... I've seen too black, red, yellow and white in Miami shoes at home, so maybe there're more than 2 team colors or custom colors are back...

Last edited by seanbarkley; 11-14-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
You can't create a player outside of myPlayer. I've been on ShakedownCapos Stream. No create a player or create a team apparently.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #48
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Don't know man, it's weird. If shoe colors are linked to team colors there should be some trace of navy in them (because each uni has its team colors)... I've seen too black, red, yellow and white in Miami shoes at home, so maybe there're more than 2 team colors or custom colors are back...
Maybe. But there wasn't an option to edit color ways in the Edit a Player screen. We can though however still edit shoes and stuff via "Edit" in the shoe creator.

I hope the reason why the shoes were like that were because he was in practice, but idk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »