Home

I'm at Gamestop right now!!!!

This is a discussion on I'm at Gamestop right now!!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I'm at Gamestop right now!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Did you go inside to make sure they have extra consoles to sell? I just passed by a Gamestop(EB games) just to see if people had already started to line up. I heard the gentlemen inside saying that unless you got a phone call from the store that they have no extra consoles to sell. And that the people that even pre-ordered might be screwed and will have to wait til after the xmas holidays. So BASICALLY the only people lining up are people that pre-ordered and are first in line.
Yes I did, and yes they do...I have/had back up plans in place too. I actually decided to get something to eat and relieve myself. I was the 1st there and they told me that they won't sell until 6pm. So, I have a little time to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #26
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
Dang man props to ya! Meanwhile I just checked my bestbuy order and it says.....

SHIPPED!!! Woohoo I was hearing possibilities that preorders that were being mailed were put to the back of the line. Should be here tomorrow!
Damn, who told you that? If you pre-ordered way back when they first started, and have one day delivery/shipping, you're getting it tomorrow for sure.

I Actuallly received my shipping confirmation about 2 hours ago. I'm pumped!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Damn, who told you that? If you pre-ordered way back when they first started, and have one day delivery/shipping, you're getting it tomorrow for sure.

I Actuallly received my shipping confirmation about 2 hours ago. I'm pumped!
Well I called their customer support they actually said Nov 25-Dec 12th is when I should expect it. I assume they say those dates for CYA.

Then I spoke to someone there saying preorder pick ups are not guaranteed almost first come first serve.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #28
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

There's a Gamestop tucked away off the beaten path built next to a Wal-Mart, but easy to miss. Not many people even notice it driving by. It's also like, 600 yards from ANOTHER Gamestop, which is adjacent to a major roadway. So I'm hoping I can duck off to that one and get my game. There's some good foot joints nearby too so I should make out fine. Just wish it wasn't friggin' below 50 degrees all of a sudden.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #29
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

*** Just a warning to all if you plan on lining up...Debt cards my brothers!!! leave the cash at home or in the bank***

My PSA for the day
Old 11-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
*** Just a warning to all if you plan on lining up...Debt cards my brothers!!! leave the cash at home or in the bank***

My PSA for the day

Thats true! I was telling this story in another forum section but, when the PS3 was released here in Saint Louis, I went up at midnight and got my preorder. They had a cop inside the store and outside the store, at first I'm thinking it was silly, its not that serious... till I got home and saw the news reports about so many people were getting robbed outside of Target,Best Buy and Gamestop waiting in line. Guys were robbed of there PS3's after coming out of the stores and some where robbed of there PS3 cash while waiting in line. You never know....
Old 11-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #31
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Thats true! I was telling this story in another forum section but, when the PS3 was released here in Saint Louis, I went up at midnight and got my preorder. They had a cop inside the store and outside the store, at first I'm thinking it was silly, its not that serious... till I got home and saw the news reports about so many people were getting robbed outside of Target,Best Buy and Gamestop waiting in line. Guys were robbed of there PS3's after coming out of the stores and some where robbed of there PS3 cash while waiting in line. You never know....
EXACTLY...I wont be carrying any cash...and will go to a big box store first thing in the morning. Sitting outside at night with money makes you an EASY target. Times that by the amount of people in line....crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #32
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

I already preordered and paid off my PS4. Just went to me Gamestop to pick up AC4 and Need For Speed and they told me they are only expecting 41 people (that's the amount of people that preordered) and are turning away any walk ins for a PS4. They have hidden security. So I'll get out of my GF's Honor's Society around 7 and head over to get my receipt.

My Gamestop is one of the ones many people don't go to so hopefully its an in and out type deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »