Home

You CAN Play Couch Co-op and CPU vs. CPU in MyGM

This is a discussion on You CAN Play Couch Co-op and CPU vs. CPU in MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #17
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: You CAN Play Couch Co-op and CPU vs. CPU in MyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdmetal
I'm assuming this is still an option in the 360/PS3 versions of 2K14, so I'll probably just end up picking it up for a current gen system instead.
Certainly is...cpu v cpu, 30 team control and pick any game from any team's schedule to watch.....why it's missing in next gen is very disappointing indeed.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #18
Rookie

bigdrudogg's Arena

OVR: 1

Man this is so depressing.. the only reason I buy 2K is due to my brother and I having a blast playing Co-Op Association Mode every year...

Why would they Disable that?? This is truly a gut punch..
Old 11-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was very disappointed to hear couch co-op wasn't available. So, when I got the game I was expecting to only play quick games with my brother.

I decided I would start a MyGM with the bulls and see if co-op worked like the OP originally said. I clicked on the opener against the Heat. At the initial screen, there seems to be a controller that displays "CPU" for Player 2 to move over and join the team but it can't be moved.

Anyway, we started the Heat game, I paused it at the intro and, there it was, an option to choose sides. At this in-game menu, my bro was able to join the Bulls as player 2! We played together and beat the Heat on a buzzer beater by jimmy butler in the corner.

Long story short, I can 100% say I played couch co-op in MyGM mode. We played the next game couch co-op (using the above method) against the Knicks, too. I'm a little afraid the option will disappear today, but wanted to reassure the OP that he wasn't losing his mind.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmo20
I was very disappointed to hear couch co-op wasn't available. So, when I got the game I was expecting to only play quick games with my brother.

I decided I would start a MyGM with the bulls and see if co-op worked like the OP originally said. I clicked on the opener against the Heat. At the initial screen, there seems to be a controller that displays "CPU" for Player 2 to move over and join the team but it can't be moved.

Anyway, we started the Heat game, I paused it at the intro and, there it was, an option to choose sides. At this in-game menu, my bro was able to join the Bulls as player 2! We played together and beat the Heat on a buzzer beater by jimmy butler in the corner.

Long story short, I can 100% say I played couch co-op in MyGM mode. We played the next game couch co-op (using the above method) against the Knicks, too. I'm a little afraid the option will disappear today, but wanted to reassure the OP that he wasn't losing his mind.
Well that's a positive thing

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Rookie

lolo5227's Arena

Quote:

I can't quite figure this out. I do notice however when I turned on 3 controllers the selection screen got a little bigger but still said CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

Thank you. I feel much better now knowing that someone else saw it too.

I hope that it continues to work for you in the future, but I have a feeling it's some kind of install "issue" that will disappear.

Let us know if it works again next time you play.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
Rookie

lolo5227's Arena

Hmmm trying everything I can to get it to work but won't. Kind of sucks because I have people over at the moment that want to do co-op MYGM. Probably have to wait for a patch I assume.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #24
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

I have a strong feeling this ability goes away once you install the 1.01 update. That's what happened to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »