Home

Have you guys noticed any differences between XBOX 1 and PS4 version at all?

This is a discussion on Have you guys noticed any differences between XBOX 1 and PS4 version at all? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Have you guys noticed any differences between XBOX 1 and PS4 version at all?

Just curious, I somehow lucked out yesterday at Toys R Us and was able to pick up both the PS4 and the Xbox One consoles (Yeah..go freakin figure!) by sheer stroke of timing genius!...The held the XBOX One for me in the morning, but also said that they were releasing all the unclaimed PS4's from last week when I got there so I grabbed them both!

Now, since my first choice really was the PS4(but never thought I was gonna find one) I bought NBA 2K14 and Madden 25 for the PS4 system and opened them up last night.....

So before I open the XBOX One System up, I was wondering if anyone had a chance to play em both and notice any game play or performance differences that may stand out?

The reason I ask is because I saw a few posts over in the Madden forums claiming the actual Xbox1 version is smoother than the PS4 ( which I really find suspect considering the PS4 theoretically has more powerful video specs)

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Rookie

TerminallyOdd's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Have you guys noticed any differences between XBOX 1 and PS4 version at all?

Haven't played the XB1 version, but from what I've read, the PS4 version has some AA applied to it to smooth out jaggies. They've been said to run at the same 1080p resolution...one such comparison can be found here (around middle page);

Anandtech | The Xbox One - Mini Review & Comparison to Xbox 360/PS4

...as the article states, the rumble triggers (XB1) are supposed to be pretty cool. The PS4 controller rumbles while ball handling as well, but the placement of the XB1 rumble on the triggers is said to be a nice touch.

All in all though, I think the differences are almost negligible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »