Home

Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports

This is a discussion on Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports

I knew this mode would ruin the game as soon as they said the words---"association mode is gone". Really sad to hear the My GM is a sport sim mode on steroids. There should always be a choice for doing micro management modes vs the usual faire of modes.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 0

Yeah, this pissed me off. Don't be surprised if they try to add association back though. . .as DLC.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolakfan
Only if you choose season mode, standard My GM does not have fantasy draft, but you can use custom rosters in both versions of My GM.
Standard MyGM mode does have Fantasy Draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #76
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Obviously it's each to there own opinion so until i play the mode and dig deep into it,I will have to reserve my opinion ...

Tho it seems very disappointing so far that NOBODY is raving about MyGm this is very very alarming!...

The most frustrating thing is the gameplay looks great!..Im secretly regretting trading in my old console and CG NBA2k14...I should have known better than to take that risk
Old 11-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 14

I will preface this by saying that I think the game as a whole and especially on the court is amazing, but as others here, I do have some major gripes as far as options. I knew that MyGM lacked 30 team control and figured that the Season mode might as well, but when I discovered that we weren't even given the option to turn off CPU trades, that really frustrated me. Basically, it is impossible to run a season in accordance with anything that's occurring in the real NBA. We also cannot play other games on the schedule in MyGM or Season.

There are NUMEROUS errors to bodytype that I really hope 2k is attentive to adjusting since that is the one option we do not have. Chris Paul looks AWFUL. Josh Smith has a bodybuilder frame, Trey Burke has different color legs from his body, Jeff Green is just way too light and Kemba is way too dark just to name a few graphical problems. Michael Beasley looks exceptionally poor as well.

But apart from association, one major issue for me is this new roster editing system. Is 2k intentionally trying to prevent us from customizing our rosters?(I mean from the standpoint of using an external roster editor that affords us the options they don't give us.) First of all, I don't understand why we are all forced to upload our rosters to a server for public consumption. Second, It is also incredibly inconvenient to have to load my own rosters that server which on occasion has failed to connect, leaving me only with the default 2K rosters until the server comes back up. Third, it's a pain to have to download these rosters from that server every single time I want to do something as simple as go to practice. Fourth, it seems like offline and online, there are two completely different rosters and I don't have access to my offline rosters when online or obviously vice versa. I don't understand the motivation behind that and it is really unfair to limit customization by way of hex and outside editors when we lack so many options in-game. The player editor is good though it has some annoyances and they did do well with the accessories, but the inability to edit body mass is a huge miss, and if for nothing else I was hoping we could address those inaccuracies with a roster editor.

I really hope that they continue the support for this game at least from the standpoint of fixing the errors they did not give us the options to fix. As far as the other options, it's a shame that the game came out today and we are forced to think about next year already.

Last edited by eko718; 11-16-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm an Assoc player too and although I agree with some of what you wrote, MyGM still intrigues me. I've maybe played 2-5 games online since I started playing 2K and mainly used other game modes for achievements. So those modes were barely touched.

The main concern for me is the level of customisation (or lack thereof) outside of the new single player modes. This is huge in any sports title and is becoming more apparent in shooters too. Which is why it's hard to understand why 2K went this way. For me, it feels like they've been neglecting the Assoc players since 2K11. There have been no significant changes since then and when they did decide to change it up they short changed us with this next gen effort.

There is no way Live will be purchased this year so I may not have a basketball title to play. Either way, with other titles on offer, I don't think I'll miss it to be honest.
...we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after...
Old 11-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #79
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
I'm an Assoc player too and although I agree with some of what you wrote, MyGM still intrigues me. I've maybe played 2-5 games online since I started playing 2K and mainly used other game modes for achievements. So those modes were barely touched.

The main concern for me is the level of customisation (or lack thereof) outside of the new single player modes. This is huge in any sports title and is becoming more apparent in shooters too. Which is why it's hard to understand why 2K went this way. For me, it feels like they've been neglecting the Assoc players since 2K11. There have been no significant changes since then and when they did decide to change it up they short changed us with this next gen effort.

There is no way Live will be purchased this year so I may not have a basketball title to play. Either way, with other titles on offer, I don't think I'll miss it to be honest.
It actually goes even further than that lol. They introduced CG Association in 2k9 and after that time only made extremely minor changes to Association, and non existent changes such as "improved AI logic" which never actually turned out to be improved.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

If you notice, all gaming companies are moving towards virtual currency in games and season passes..2k is pushing it into the game. I don't think anyone wants vc, but every game is doing it. Introducing RPG payable elements. its a sad sad era moving forward. I'm hoping it gets better.I can't believe how many F2P games there are out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »