Home

Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports

This is a discussion on Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Rookie

wolakfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
I agree, with many of your points. But for any who believe association is the red headed step child, while mycareer gets all the attention. Your wrong. mycareer since its debut has literally gotten progressively worse. Thats not an exageration, its the truth. And now on next gen it has turned into little more than an rpg. Its like im playing legend of zelda or something. It has cutscenes and a made up rival and everything now, its rediculous. I too am a little dissapointed in the fantasy direction 2k has chosen to go in. Sports games are supposed to simulate real life, why would adding a story arc, and cutscenes to any of these modes, EVER be a good idea? fantasy and realism don't mix for a reason, thats all im saying.
Yeah, what I hate is how they forced to on us and didn't let the players decide if they wanted My GM instead of association. It seems they have the mentality of the players will learn to like it/accept it. What amazes me most is that 2K was in a position (at least for 2K14) where all they had to do was improve the graphics (which they did) and fix some of the bugs, but they wanted to show how creative they could be and in turn ruined what could have been the greatest sports game of all-time.

P.S. Why did they remove The Path To Greatness Mode? I'm not a LeBron fan, but I would've been more interested in that mode with the next gen visuals. Just sayin'
Old 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
Rookie

wolakfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyPrime
It would be nice if in 2K15, 2K would bring back Association and also keep MyGM for those who are interested in all that stuff that MyGM has going on. I really do prefer Association. Not sure why both modes couldn't have existed. So hopefully they will give us consumers/fanbase that option for 2K15. Not really feeling 2K's restrictive plan for the future of the franchise. Especially when it comes to VC being involved in pretty much everything you do now in the game. And don't even get me started on the fact there is no create-a-player, create-a-team, etc.
I didn't even notice Create-A-Player was missing. This keeps getting worse, it's a never-ending nightmare
Old 11-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolakfan
What amazes me most is that 2K was in a position (at least for 2K14) where all they had to do was improve the graphics (which they did) and fix some of the bugs, but they wanted to show how creative they could be and in turn ruined what could have been the greatest sports game of all-time.
This right here.

Why do they feel the need to reinvent stuff instead of just improve graphics and fix whats broken. then maybe add a new mode here and there, to appease the casuals. Sometimes i feel they do this because they won't tell us that they can't or won't fix the bugs, so they just add sugar to something that has too much salt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Rookie

wolakfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
This right here.

Why do they feel the need to reinvent stuff instead of just improve graphics and fix whats broken. then maybe add a new mode here and there, to appease the casuals. Sometimes i feel they do this because they won't tell us that they can't or won't fix the bugs, so they just add sugar to something that has too much salt.
Right on the $
Old 11-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
Just started!

cubsox213's Arena

Can you do a fantasy draft in the My gm mode?
Old 11-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 8

So you are pissed with 2k for something that you already knew but you gave them $$ anyway?
Sounds legit
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
Rookie

I agree with everyone here as well. On the court the game is absolutely amazing. Everything else I can't stand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
Rookie

id be ok with mygm mode if they gave us more control such as edit player ratings, draft classes, trade override, cpu trades on/off, etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »