Home

Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports

This is a discussion on Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #345
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
I wouldn't say im pissed with them with this but its something id like to see changed. 2K14 marks the 3rd game which has seen the same Classic Teams used and I would like to think we see something new with legends in 2K15 and not just the same teams again with no change. Even change which year of the team we get so instead of the 1995 Knicks give us the 1993 Knicks or different Bird and Magic teams. As someone who spent most of their time on current gen 2K using legends in Association Mode it would be nice to have some new guys to use.
I agree. The classic faction of NBA 2K fans exists, and they're pretty die-hard about their basketball. I feel pushing those fans away by ignoring that portion of real-life NBA basketball history is not going to do 2K any more favors.

If I had to be real, I think some classic team additions and generalized improvements (return of era filters, option for no three point line for 60's and 70's contests) could go a long way toward bringing true NBA fans back onto the 2K ship.

However, instead of improvements, 2K has regressed in this regard, so there's not a lot of incentive for me to come on board with a new 2K. Not only have the legends been more or less untouched, but it now appears the generic players cannot be properly edited on next gen as a means of correctly filling out the rosters (while also eliminating our ability to create our own).

I think turning an eye back to the league's history while re-introducing customization would be two tremendous ways to get 2K back on track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #346
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

What pisses me off, aside from the totally exploitative and gratuitous VC economy, is the game breaking bug in the playoffs for MyGM. The bug was created by patch 3 and 2k is silent on the issue completely.

So the new mode they invested a lot in is broken by their patch to fix other broken things, and I don't even know if they're going to do anything about it.

I was enjoying the game, in spite of its issues and flaws, and now I can't even play the mode I'm sure I put 60-80 hours in. And if I play another mode, I'll end up burning the VC I've been carefully and patiently building up for the mode I like best. So that's not really a good option either.

So now I can't get any enjoyment out of the game at all.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #347
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
Scripted or not, this online-only thing and in your face micro transactions need to go. Straight up. So much deception in this years game...truly disgusting.
Is there a direct reasoning for the lack of local roster saves this year?

And you know what else I miss? Manual saves.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #348
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Is there a direct reasoning for the lack of local roster saves this year?

And you know what else I miss? Manual saves.
Same here. I remember being able to request a trade and then make a different save in case I landed somewhere where I was out of position. Can't do that anymore.

That's a very good question though. I get that DRM is aimed to try and stop hacking and prevent anyone from exploiting their VC value, but what is hte point of being unable to save rosters on the hard drive? I literally can't think of a reason.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #349
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
Same here. I remember being able to request a trade and then make a different save in case I landed somewhere where I was out of position. Can't do that anymore.

That's a very good question though. I get that DRM is aimed to try and stop hacking and prevent anyone from exploiting their VC value, but what is hte point of being unable to save rosters on the hard drive? I literally can't think of a reason.
That's a good point as well. I definitely miss the ability to experiment on my playground, so to speak. That is, making trades, seeing what trades are possible, maybe executing one, but still being able to go back and re-load my Franchise in case it's not the move I ultimately wanted to make. Gaming freedom, basically.

Bringing manual saves back into the equation would be a very solid step back in the right direction.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #350
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Why I'm Pissed At 2K Sports

Don't quite get the bump here man...

We've known your position since before launch..and these points have been echoed 10x over...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-24-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #351
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't quite get the bump here man...

We've known your position since before launch..and these points have been echoed 10x over...
My apologies. You may be correct there. I was dipping into the archives a little bit today, taking another look at the threads for which I'd previously contributed and I offered a few responses on topics of particular interest. I see where you're coming from though. My post wasn't exactly life-altering and thus we probably could have gone without the bump. Lo siento.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »