Home

Getting to the Rim???

This is a discussion on Getting to the Rim??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Getting to the Rim???

My bread and butter in the past has been driving to the hoop, but so far I'm not having much luck with it. One thing giving me problems is the big men move like they did in 2k12. There isn't that speed gap like in 2k13. That said does anyone have any tips they can share? I've been trying to set manual picks a bit more, but am still struggling. I can't seem to get good spacing despite having my offensive settings set to "space the floor" and one of my point of emphasis as "get to the basket".

I would appreciate some/any feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
Re: Getting to the Rim???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
My bread and butter in the past has been driving to the hoop, but so far I'm not having much luck with it. One thing giving me problems is the big men move like they did in 2k12. There isn't that speed gap like in 2k13. That said does anyone have any tips they can share? I've been trying to set manual picks a bit more, but am still struggling. I can't seem to get good spacing despite having my offensive settings set to "space the floor" and one of my point of emphasis as "get to the basket".

I would appreciate some/any feedback.
Sizeup moves into launches can be very effective if you have a decent ball handler.

Try using the escape size ups (R2+RS tap left or right) to get the defender to shift laterally. If he shifts late, drive toward your ball hand. If he hedges hard, do a cross launch back the other way. If it's a mismatch, you should be able to get by him almost at will.

Btw, you can also call for a Quick ISO by swiping your finger from right to left across the Touchpad.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Sizeup moves into launches can be very effective if you have a decent ball handler.

Try using the escape size ups (R2+RS tap left or right) to get the defender to shift laterally. If he shifts late, drive toward your ball hand. If he hedges hard, do a cross launch back the other way. If it's a mismatch, you should be able to get by him almost at will.

Btw, you can also call for a Quick ISO by swiping your finger from right to left across the Touchpad.
Straight from the horse's mouth, lol.

Appreciate the feedback. I've been in practice mode, trying to get a feel for the new controls (didn't buy 2k14 current gen).

I'll keep trying. Thanks again for the tips.

EDIT: what's your advice on when to use turbo and when not to?
Old 11-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Straight from the horse's mouth, lol.

Appreciate the feedback. I've been in practice mode, trying to get a feel for the new controls (didn't buy 2k14 current gen).

I'll keep trying. Thanks again for the tips.

EDIT: what's your advice on when to use turbo and when not to?
I never use turbo while sizing up. Only when I have enough space for a blow by.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »