Home

NBA 2K14 Next Gen (PS4/Xbox One) Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next Gen (PS4/Xbox One) Q&A Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: NBA 2K14 Next Gen (PS4/Xbox One) Q&A Thread

Have someone made it to the playoffs yet? I wanna know if you can feel a real playoffs atmosphere. Is the crowd louder? Are there playoffs specific additions like player intros (a man can dream )?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

I tried looking through the impressions thread. Found a few of my answers.. Here's a few more questions..

1. How are the fast breaks? Over the past few years, the catchup logic made me want to quit playing on the spot....

2. Has anyone logged a couple dozen games yet? I want to see what the gameplay is like after the honeymoon phase is complete. ie When you start noticing CPU trends..

3. Does the CPU PG dominate touches/drives and attacks you as an on ball defender? Likewise, Points in the Paint and a true lack of fouls has killed multiple years of 2k in a row for me. Does the CPU seem smart or just stupid teammates like one of the past 2k games with teammates trying to double team the ball handler non stop?

4. Is this truly a brand new from the ground up creation? I noticed quite a few jerseys still have the small quirks that have made them incorrect for the past 6 years still present in next gen.

5. Floor spacing/ shot timing... In years past, spacing was a touch better but there was animation delay in getting shots off.

*disclaimer. I haven't played CG 2k14. I have played 2k13 for two weeks, and 2k12 for two weeks before being disappointed. Before that, I can't pinpoint it but probably a few months for each release

I've been around since the beginning of 2k. Are my expectations just too high? Does this game make it a fun experience? Stupid teammate AI killed it for me in the past. I can live with many quirks.. A xbox one investment and 2k purchase is just around the corner with the proper answers
Old 11-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #27
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I tried looking through the impressions thread. Found a few of my answers.. Here's a few more questions..

1. How are the fast breaks? Over the past few years, the catchup logic made me want to quit playing on the spot....

Hit or Miss. I've seen several instances of catchup logic.
2. Has anyone logged a couple dozen games yet? I want to see what the gameplay is like after the honeymoon phase is complete. ie When you start noticing CPU trends..
I've only played around 7-8 8 minute quarter games, but have a good "feel" for the CPU AI already. Seeing some things that I'm not keen on, but hopefully I can remedy these with sliders, or playing default.
3. Does the CPU PG dominate touches/drives and attacks you as an on ball defender? Likewise, Points in the Paint and a true lack of fouls has killed multiple years of 2k in a row for me. Does the CPU seem smart or just stupid teammates like one of the past 2k games with teammates trying to double team the ball handler non stop?
Fouls are much better. The CPU plays more like a human player now as well. I've seen double and triple teams really when I truly get "on", and they always seem to make sense. I'm really happy with this portion
4. Is this truly a brand new from the ground up creation? I noticed quite a few jerseys still have the small quirks that have made them incorrect for the past 6 years still present in next gen.
Nope, there is definitely some carryover from the past iterations. But it is MUCH better than any of the others "thus far".
5. Floor spacing/ shot timing... In years past, spacing was a touch better but there was animation delay in getting shots off.
I'm having issues with the closeout speed right now of defenders. I can get some clean open shots, but still feel that the defenders are way to quick to closeout.
*disclaimer. I haven't played CG 2k14. I have played 2k13 for two weeks, and 2k12 for two weeks before being disappointed. Before that, I can't pinpoint it but probably a few months for each release

I've been around since the beginning of 2k. Are my expectations just too high? Does this game make it a fun experience? Stupid teammate AI killed it for me in the past. I can live with many quirks.. A xbox one investment and 2k purchase is just around the corner with the proper answers
Answers in bold from my perspective. There are some things that I don't like, but there are a LOT of things that I do like, and do feel are vastly improved.

I just have to figure out how to tweak it to make it more what I'm looking for

Welcome back btw. I hadn't seen you around in a while.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #28
Just started!

Can you FINALLY save plays/custom play books?
Old 11-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #29
Rookie

nextlevelshhhh's Arena

How do you exit the park ?

How do you exit the park mode ?
Old 11-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #30
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I hit a gamewinner with Paul George, and it was awesome. It was game 1 of my season against the Magic (don't even get me started, lol).

Had 1.4 seconds left, inbound the ball to PG24, does a quick launch from the top of the key, and watch the ball fall into the basket.

Swamped by the team, much more natural looking celebration, excitement on everyone's faces. It was VERY nice. Couldn't figure out the video upload portion. I'll try again later.
Thanks for the reply. Was the crowd's reaction improved as well or just the players?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #31
Rookie

nextlevelshhhh's Arena

How do you exit the park mode ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #32
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

The crowd was on point too. Bankers Life Fieldhouse was rockin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »