Home

Are the highlights after the game gone?

This is a discussion on Are the highlights after the game gone? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Are the highlights after the game gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I have never seen end of game highlight reel like we have on past 2K basktball games, all I have seen is the player of the game. - Will be added to the patch request thread...
Well signature highlights have been gone since 2k13, instead you'd go to the box score and press square and it will show the highlights for the individual player....

I'm 100% sure they were in the game on launch and the day after...I don't know of the patch changed that or what...crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #26
Rookie

wolakfan's Arena

OVR: 1

I play 12 min quarters and never get highlights for player of the game (if I play from start to finish) it just shows the player and skips to the end and shows his stats. However, if I save the game at halftime and exit then reload and finish the game I will get the highlights. This is in My GM season mode.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Has anyone been able to get the player of the game and end of game replays to work again? I'm wondering if I should uninstall and see if that works.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Old 12-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazjason
Has anyone been able to get the player of the game and end of game replays to work again? I'm wondering if I should uninstall and see if that works.
It works for me just not every game
Old 12-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well signature highlights have been gone since 2k13, instead you'd go to the box score and press square and it will show the highlights for the individual player....

I'm 100% sure they were in the game on launch and the day after...I don't know of the patch changed that or what...crazy
Pressing Square/X still plays higlights for each player after the game. What's weird is that there's no indication on screen that it does this.

What's also weird is that they have the preview highlights play in that squashed mode even though the box actually fits the aspect ratio of the highlight.

I really miss the full-game reel we used to have that showed all the highlight plays from both teams together. We also had that cool media photo package that had some neat, real looking shots with signatures for sig moves. 2K11 and 12 might have been the best in the series in terms of presentation and coolness. They things start getting dropped. I hoped they would make a return in Next Gen with more memory available but it didn't add anything other than swapping Spurt of the Game with Assist of the Game and the old features are actually more bugged.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #30
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

Here is a reply from Da Czar in another thread regarding this issue. Looks like it is an issue when playing longer quarter games.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-next-gen/685252-end-game-highlight-bug-test.html#post2045706255

Quote:
If you play longer qtrs your gane runs out of memory to store the highlights. Once the buffer is full it stops storing them.

You can view them all throughout the game so one possible work around is to play the first half and view your highlight s then save and exit (mygm has this not sure about quick games) and then reload the game and when you finish you shoukd at least be able to see the 2nd half highlights.

From what I understand unfortunately this may not be a patchable issue.
Which is terrible in my opinion with the power of the PS4...
Old 12-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #31
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazjason
I tried this and can say that it does not work. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, which was a super long process. As stated below this may be a length of quarter issue, which really stinks. It seems like after halftime I can't get any highlights and player of the game never rolls... I play 9 min quarters...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Someone said it might be if you play more than 6 min qtrs. I can say that 8 doesn't work. Has anyone tried playing 6-7 min qtrs to see if this is the reason?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »