Home

Why did they take out the option to edit players' leg length/torso length?!!!

This is a discussion on Why did they take out the option to edit players' leg length/torso length?!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #41
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why did they take out the option to edit players' leg length/torso length?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
This can't be done anymore?
Some you can I think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #42
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why did they take out the option to edit players' leg length/torso length?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Some you can I think
But i mean specifically the calf sleeve with the knee sleeve, so it looks like one long sleeve, can that still be done?

Old 11-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #43
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
But i mean specifically the calf sleeve with the knee sleeve, so it looks like one long sleeve, can that still be done?
I'll check. Give me a sec, I'll check. You have to load your roster every time you wanna do edits, etc, and it takes some time. So lame.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #44
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Well they do have a padded calf sleeve this gen (3/4 length like Curry and others wear)...as long as they don't take it out at the next update,
Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #45
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Well they do have a padded calf sleeve this gen (3/4 length like Curry and others wear)...as long as they don't take it out at the next update,
Alright thanks, the only problem with that is that it has a pad and most players don't wear it with a pad, but obviously not a big deal

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #46
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

What the hell is going on with this game.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don't know man. I know the actual height of the player wouldn't change.

I just know there was edit for shoulder width (still there), body length (still there) and then also torso length and leg length, which both have been removed. Playing around with all 4 of those edit was great. You could make guys' bodies look much more accurate.

The way it is now, sure the legs seem longer if you shorten the "body". But the legs still stay the same thickness. Before, with the leg edit, if you made the legs longer, they got thinner. Made KD and others look MUCH more accurate.
I went back and reinstalled the game without the downloaded update.

Body Length actually wasn't adjustable before the patch. They actually REPLACED Torso Length and Leg Length with Body Length, which automatically made legs longer or shorter based on body length.

HOWEVER, you're actually right that the original ability to adjust Torso and Leg length actually allowed for more customization. What happened was the limb or torso would actually get stretched out or shrunk, and THEN the player was scaled to remain his height. This means that you could make players with skinny legs OR chunky ones. What this also meant was that the head size would also get scaled down as the whole player model scaled to fit within his height.

This meant that based on your combination of Torso and Leg length, you could actually scale the width and size of torsos, legs, AND heads depending on how the relate to each other proportionally.

Unfortunately, now you're only able to scale torsos and legs lengthwise inversely to each other while the head and their leg thickness is kept the same. My guess is the Body slider now inversely adjusts legs and torsos to each other with a smaller range than was available when you could adjust them separately.

I agree that we should get the original sliders back. You could get a greater variety of bodytypes with those.

I also think they should allow us to customize arm sizes. Obviously different players have different arm sizes but we can't seem to adjust them, not even in MyPlayer (as far as I can tell). My MyPlayer's arms are jacked. So are everyone else's I imagine.

Also weight doesn't seem to adjust a player's appearance. Is this a bug?

Last edited by Sundown; 11-18-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #48
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I went back and reinstalled the game without the downloaded update.

Body Length actually wasn't adjustable before the patch. They actually REPLACED Torso Length and Leg Length with Body Length, which automatically made legs longer or shorter based on body length.

HOWEVER, you're actually right that the original ability to adjust Torso and Leg length actually allowed for more customization. What happened was the limb or torso would actually get stretched out or shrunk, and THEN the player was scaled to remain his height. This means that you could make players with skinny legs OR chunky ones. What this also meant was that the head size would also get scaled down as the whole player model scaled to fit within his height.

This meant that based on your combination of Torso and Leg length, you could actually scale the width and size of torsos, legs, AND heads depending on how the relate to each other proportionally.

Unfortunately, now you're only able to scale torsos and legs lengthwise inversely to each other while the head and their leg thickness is kept the same. My guess is the Body slider now inversely adjusts legs and torsos to each other with a smaller range than was available when you could adjust them separately.

I agree that we should get the original sliders back. You could get a greater variety of bodytypes with those.

I also think they should allow us to customize arm sizes. Obviously different players have different arm sizes but we can't seem to adjust them, not even in MyPlayer (as far as I can tell). My MyPlayer's arms are jacked. So are everyone else's I imagine.

Also weight doesn't seem to adjust a player's appearance. Is this a bug?
Ah, thanks for that.

Yeah, I have no idea why they took this out. C'mon 2K, put these sliders back in!! What was the point in making it WORSE?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »