Home

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #97
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm 11-8 in my Pelicans MyGM. I'm currently 4th in the SW Division, but only 3 games out of 1st place currently held my the Spurs. I'm 7th in the West, but again on 3 games out of first place which S.A. also holds.

I've been struggling with injuries thus far with J.Smith currently OUT for the next 1-2 week and R.Anderson HURT but able to play through it. Gordon also missed 7 games at the beginning of the season, so with all that considered we're lucky to be where we are.

I'm not sure if I'll make any moves this season. I really don't want to, but I may end up having to decide between Gordon and Evans. I'm looking to upgrade both SF and C. Mostly SF because Aminu doesn't bring much to the table for me. However, at least he is willing to resign. Smith looks like he wants to test Free Agency and as much as I would like to keep him, I may have to let him go. I would like to build a team similar to the 90s Spurs with Duncan and Robinson, but I don't know what Center would be the best to go after. I know the guys that I want the most like Hibbert and Noah probably aren't realistic. Maybe I can find someone in the Draft though...
GET NERLENS NOEL BACK FROM PHILLY! Me along with many others wanted to see the front court of Anthony Davis and Nerlens Noel and when the trade went down I was extremely disappointed, they're not my favorite team but damn what a front court.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #98
Rookie

grushcow's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm not gonna start my MyGM yet until I get some updated rosters and some of the glitches are ironed out, but I'm gonna roll with the Raptors. I simmed a season and scrapped the team hoping to get a high pick but for whatever reason made the playoffs...so I'm gonna start over and try to make the playoffs year 1 and build the team up. Hopefully swap picks with a lottery team in the process....

Here's the first move I'm gonna make (it works with the trade logic and I don't think it's that bad), I'm a big Oladipo fan, and the Raps preach defense, so here's the package I put together (hypothetically we could be predraft and I could be packaging these guys together for the #2 overall pick if it's more realistic that way).

Raps receive: Oladipo, Nicholson (get some Canadian flavor)
Magic receive: Derozan, Ross, 2015 1st rounder.
(then maybe swap 2014 first rounders, but might be too much of a stretch)

Thoughts on that that trade?
Old 11-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grushcow
I'm not gonna start my MyGM yet until I get some updated rosters and some of the glitches are ironed out, but I'm gonna roll with the Raptors. I simmed a season and scrapped the team hoping to get a high pick but for whatever reason made the playoffs...so I'm gonna start over and try to make the playoffs year 1 and build the team up. Hopefully swap picks with a lottery team in the process....

Here's the first move I'm gonna make (it works with the trade logic and I don't think it's that bad), I'm a big Oladipo fan, and the Raps preach defense, so here's the package I put together (hypothetically we could be predraft and I could be packaging these guys together for the #2 overall pick if it's more realistic that way).

Raps receive: Oladipo, Nicholson (get some Canadian flavor)
Magic receive: Derozan, Ross, 2015 1st rounder.
(then maybe swap 2014 first rounders, but might be too much of a stretch)

Thoughts on that that trade?
In terms of "could this happen in the nba" I would say its unrealistic. Mainly because the magic are rebuilding and oladipo is good/cheap.

Maybe take Al Harrington's contract and get rid of Lowry/Ross with 1st rounder. No derozan. I don't think the magic want to take that money. They've been waiting long enough for Arenas and Hedo's mammoth deals to finally expire.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #100
Rookie

grushcow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersNation
In terms of "could this happen in the nba" I would say its unrealistic. Mainly because the magic are rebuilding and oladipo is good/cheap.

Maybe take Al Harrington's contract and get rid of Lowry/Ross with 1st rounder. No derozan. I don't think the magic want to take that money. They've been waiting long enough for Arenas and Hedo's mammoth deals to finally expire.
I'm sort of looking at this like the Noel trade on draft night. Say it's draft night and I send a future 1st rounder, last year's top 10 pick (Ross) and then a high upside young guy they could play at the 3 (where they're weak). If I send that combination for the #2 overall pick on draft night I think it is at least bordering on fair...but I do agree with your points, but I'm more going with "is it realistic enough" because otherwise it's pretty hard for me to get Oladipo.

I just feel like Lowry is like adding another Jameer, think Derozen could offer them more and he's not making that much more, just a longer contract.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #101
Rookie

grushcow's Arena

I use the Nerlens Noel deal as a good framework.

Pelicans got: Jrue
76ers got: future 1st and #6 overall pick (noel)

Holiday has a very similar contract to Derozen, but Jrue is a better player but I'm also giving a future 1st instead of getting a future first. Then the Ross for Nicholson swap. So if I did this on draft night it airs a little more on the side of realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #102
Banned

True but the sixers wanted to dump jrue's contract + not take on any more salary in order to get the pick.

Even without Lowry, and though on paper it's a worse deal I still think no derozan is the way to deal.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #103
Rookie

I have game nights with my friends and I had them all over to run a my gym with 4 players and we just player lock

Sunday I had them over and we all could choose sides when the game started and be on the same team

Thursday I had them all over again and this was not possible

Is my gym now only single player ? .....
We've done associations all together since 2k11 because it's fun to have a team with everyone
Old 11-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #104
Rookie

Great game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »