Home

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #105
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

I would really like to start myGM mode, as a break for myCareer. But i have some questions before I start myGM:

1. What rosters are you using? Is there a roster update from 2k? Or are you using someone's roster?

2. If you're using another roster, do you find any bugs/glitches in doing so?

3. Who's rosters can you recommend and why?

4. I see some draft class rosters too...anyone could explain this? Is this really needed? (I've been playing EA's NHL, and after 1st year of BeGM mode, the upcoming draftees are BORING.... and very much useless).

5. Could you sim all the games? Because as a GM, i prefer not to play the actual basketball game, just like any GM, they just watch and see how their acquisitions/decisions play out.

6. What difficulty are you playing this myGM? Or sliders, if its necessary.

Many thanks for your answers.

Last edited by canucksss; 11-25-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #106
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

I went with the Wizards and im told to at least play Porter 24 mins a game? no way im doing that
Old 11-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #107
Rookie

jarvis1104's Arena

OVR: 0

2K tried to do too much with this mode. Owners require stupid things and you have to do them to not be penalized. There should always be an option to turn certain things off like being fired.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #108
Rookie

DAMM it doesnt look like you can choose more than one team for the season mode..wtf
Old 11-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #109
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

I got my XB1 on friday and started up mygm asap. I pick the wizards almost every year cause I love John Wall. Noticing the roster I had to make the Gortat trade. So Emeka + 15 1st rd for Gortat. (I couldn't remember if the 14 pick was protected or not.)

I beat Detroit and then Philly barely. They were my first two games. Then the heat. They get up 20 in the second quarter (I play 11 min qtrs). I rage quit. I usually never do, but I was furious, they were hitting 78% of their shots. I reload the game, I sim the heat game and we lose (good, I didn't want to sim win after rage quitting, I just wasn't ready for the heat). I beat philly and then Brooklyn but Nene gets hurt for 1-2 weeks. I start big Al and play a backup rotation of Singleton and Booker but we lose to OKC. I go on to beat Dallas big time, Wall went off and then i shock San Antonio.

We host cleveland and in the first quarter, Beal goes down with an injury, later in the quarter Doris updates me... OUT FOR THE SEASON!!! NO!!! Funny enough in the second quarter Kyrie got a concussion out 2-4 weeks. We beat the hell out of Cleveland. I move Webster to the starting lineup. We lose to Minnesota after Nene's return. I realize defense is impossible with Nene and Gortat. I put out feelers. Nene + 14 1st rd + 15 2nd rd and Singleton for Greg Monroe and Charlie Villanueva.

Now this is a big risk, Monroe is a restricted FA, but I am hoping to extend him before the season is done. Villanueva actually helps... 1. His contract off the books after the year and 2. He can shoot threes! I know it's not realistic but I like it. So next game vs Cleveland. Martell get's a concussion, now he's out 2-4 weeks and my two SG's are Glen Rice Jr and Garrett Temple... Trade time! I throw out Jan Vessley, hoping to get a high 60's player on a bad 2 year contract... Utah offers me Brandon Rush and swap 2nd rounders, I take it! Perfect solution for my problem. Webster was stinking it up as a starter so Rush can start, he has a 1 year deal so after the year I don't need to keep him.

I am not liking Maynor as much as I thought I would. I may dangle him out there. But overall this has been the most up and down Assocation/MyGm i've ever had. I love it. Side note, I beast with Wall and Ariza. Monroe is nice but stamina is only a 79? I love Seraphin off the bench he kills it for me and Harrington too. Otto Porter is a little awkward to use still.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #110
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4

Really enjoying myGM, probably more so than any of the other Association modes. Even though the execution and the removal of some pretty crucial elements (ex. No Cpu vs Cpu), they added a lot of what I kept asking for that really make the simulation of the league feel alive (Press conferences, pep talks, player interaction, trust, etc...)

Until a more recent roster update is release I started a myGM with the Detroit Pistons. Other then the owner being out of his mind telling me he expects no more than 29 losses, while also trading for a top pick in this years draft, and playing Caldwell-Pope 24 mins a game, I'm excited to see if this roster has the potential to do big things in the East. The owner was disapointed that I wasnt as optimistic as him, but from his Bio he seems laid back.

Well 10 games into the season we're sitting at 6-4 (2nd to the bulls in the division) after just losing a heart breaker to NYK at the buzzer. To make matters worst we lost Josh Smith for the season with an MCL injury right before halftime. Ended up costing us the game since his defense held Anthony to only 11 points on 29% shooting. And with a combo of Singler and Caldwell-Pope he exploded for 24 second half points on 67% shooting and hit the game winner on a missed shot where the ball was tipped back to him.

Afterwards Jennings approached me letting me know that losing Smith is huge, but he has confidence in the guys we have and thought we didnt need to add anyone via trade. Told him I agreed and would give the team a few games before making any moves. It then proceeded to a Press Conference where the press were asking me if I was worried about the rest of the season and if I had any plans to make a move. I told them I believed in the guys we have and that I had no plans for a trade as of yet. I guess the press didnt believe me as their trust dropped, but team morale increased, while Smith's morale declined.

I dont know what impact this actually has, but man is it neat to have variety like this in the game. It just adds another layer of detail and immersion that keeps the game more interesting and not just about wins and losses year after year.

Last edited by rockman2k2; 11-26-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #111
Just started!

Can some explain scouting to me? How to do it firstly, can't even figure that out, then how to do it more effectively?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #112
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Guys I need some help I can't for the life of me figure out how to scout prospects. I'm at the prospects screen but I don't know how to send my scout to scout them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »