Home

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #385
Rookie

Dubs42's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

Playing as Dallas with 6 minute quarters. Right off the bat I traded Dalembert for Timofey Mozgov (younger, quicker, better inside scorer, and a good shot blocker with good timing). Following that I waived bernard james and traded Devin Harris for Jared Cunningham (younger, great dunking ability and could develop into a good starting PG in my next year).

Currently 2-2...this may be the first time in my 2k career I have to look up plays in the book and run an actual offense. I've never really been a playbook kind of guy but I feel like my offense would be so much better running multiple plays rather than a P&R every time. That being said, what are some good plays to add/use? I have Vince, Cunningham, and Marion for some Lob plays but I'm not sure what the best ones are...never ran plays before.

PG- Calderon
SG- Ellis
SF- Marion
PF- Dirk
C- Mozgov
6th- Carter

"Mercy!"

Last edited by Dubs42; 01-02-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add more...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #386
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trask
Not sure if it's smart to keep Amare because of his MASSIVE contract. I wouldn't personally try and keep most of the players. I would want to get rid of the high contracts for youngsters and load up on the draft picks.
i agree, i want to give myself the best chance at winning however.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #387
Rookie

BDubb3424's Arena

Guys please help, i just finished my first season with my lakers.. And when i downloaded a new draft class which said 2015 and smh it was the same class i already have!!!! Can i edit the prospects or do i have to start over??
Old 01-03-2014, 12:33 AM   #388
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trask
The upgrades have transfered over 3 times so far for me.
It sucks though because I have two GMs going and I purchased the sports science where your progression increases and it worked in the one I bought it in but didn't affect the other one and I can't purchase it there.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #389
Rookie

Just an update on my Pelicans Fantasy Draft MyGM!
After going 0-2 and Tyreke Evans suffering a torn acl, I decided to mix things up and trade for someone to add to the team to make up for the loss of Tyreke. I added LaMarcus Aldridge! We won our first game of the season at home with the starting lineup of:
PG: Mike Conley
SG: James Harden
SF: Tony Allen
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Jordan Hill
After going 1-2, I decided to sim a game to test out the sim strategy and to see what would happen, and we won a very close game against the Suns! Every player lived up to their stats, so the sim was very successful, and I'm confident that I can sometimes sim, and expect mostly wins from the team! We are 2-2 and the future looks bright. With Tyreke out for the season I managed to adjust and make our team even better in the process! Expect more updates to come in the future!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #390
Pro

d23x's Arena

I want to start a mygm, but they have yet to add Roger Mason to the Heats roster. I also can't get down with the disappearing headbands.. SMH
Old 01-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #391
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaveSuave
I want to start a career with the Knicks and actually be fully into it and play most games. Will keep Melo as the centerpiece with no doubt. i also want to start amare and "revive" his career.

players to keep: melo,amare,hardaway, murry
players i want traded: bargnani, felton, chandler, aldrich, chris smith
maybe trade: jr, shump, prigioni, udrih,

so really just looking for opinions, tips, ideas i could do with this team! thanks guys

While I was deciding on who to start my current MyGM (ultimately I decided on the Nets), I put all of the teams into a random choice generator and then chose the first five teams to come up as my "list" of candidates.

Then I thought about each team and what I would do with them.

One of the teams was the Knicks. If I would have chosen the Knicks, I would have traded Melo. I would have rid myself of the distraction early and started fresh. That would have been my only move for a while and regardless of who I got in that trade, I would have used the first season as a sort of "tryout." I would have seen who I can use, who flies under the radar a little bit, and that would determine who I really wanted going forward. Then I would have went on from there.

Since you plan on keeping Melo (not that I blame you, really), I don't think Amare is really worth keeping on that contract. I would pick one or the other. Let one of them be the focal point of your team and then try to get rid of the other one.

You definitely need to get rid of Felton. Chandler is an either/or candidate, although I would probably get rid of him. Shump is the only perimeter defender you have, I would definitely keep him.

I would try to revive that "Kyle Lowry trade" that everyone was talking about not too long ago. Lowry is one of my favorite PGs in the game. He can pass, shoot the 3-ball, and play great defense. He's a perfect fit with Melo and Amare.

Look for some guys nobody is paying attention to. Check out Ish Smith on the Suns. He's a highly underrated PG, that can run and gun off the bench. And he's an excellent defender.

Get rid of Bargs and look at Jason Smith from the Pelicans. He's criminally underrated. Running the pick and pop with him is almost always automatic.

And since you're looking to win-now, I would think about match-ups. What do you need to beat the Heat, Pacers, Nets, and Bulls? You need someone that can matchup with LeBron James when he occasionally plays the PF spot. You also need someone that can handle both Wade's driving ability and Ray Allen's lights out shooting. You need someone to handle Roy Hibbert and David West. Amare can't take them both. The Nets have a ton of weapons you have to worry about, Deron Williams being the main one. Everyone on that team can post up as well, so look for some wing players that can play Post Defense.

That's just some of my thoughts. I could go on all day lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #392
Rookie

Going to start a myGM, With the Heat but sim it all and make various changes and play many many many seasons hopefully over ten. Im going to upload it to youtube so if you decide you might want to check out what i do, just head over to my youtube, LDMiamiHeat.

Will have constant uploads
Hopefully its successful

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »