Home

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #761
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

They are making it so unrealistic because of people like you(no offense) who want to make a quick rebuild. If you take house-rules for yourself and donīt take everything the AI offers is this way more fun.

For 2k15 they should definitly raise the value of a 1st round pick, seeing the CPU throwing them away for average guys is sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #762
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
They are making it so unrealistic because of people like you(no offense) who want to make a quick rebuild. If you take house-rules for yourself and donīt take everything the AI offers is this way more fun.

For 2k15 they should definitly raise the value of a 1st round pick, seeing the CPU throwing them away for average guys is sad.
This is the NBA, first round picks aren't valuable, except once in a blue moon when they actually have a deep draft.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #763
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
This is the NBA, first round picks aren't valuable, except once in a blue moon when they actually have a deep draft.
You sound ridiculous. In what sport don't first round picks matter? The only way people trade first round picks are for 1st tier superstars or 2nd tier stars.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #764
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Guess heīs working for the Knicks.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #765
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colasj08
You sound ridiculous. In what sport don't first round picks matter? The only way people trade first round picks are for 1st tier superstars or 2nd tier stars.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk
First of all, I said in the NBA they don't have much value.

Second of all, ur kidding me right?

http://www.nba.com/nets/#/story/news...nd-jason-terry

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/2...s-to-clippers/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #766
Rookie

Does the cpu teams rotate always with 12 guys in MyGM????

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #767
Rookie

After a successful stint of 6 years rebuilding the Jazz, I decided to start a new MyGM with the Lakers and see how quickly a quick rebuild could be done. About 10 games into the season, I lost Nash to a Torn MCL, which ended his season (and as it turned out, his career). At that point I decided to make everyone available except for Bryant. I was able to turn Jordan Hill into Joel Anthony and the Heat 1st round pick, and then turned that pick + Nick Young into the Warriors 1st round pick. I found it hard to find a good deal for Gasol without taking advantage of the AI, and after 50 games and only 2 games back of the 8th seed, I decided to just go for the playoffs. The second game after the trade deadline, the worst happened. I lost Kobe for 2 months and Pau for the season. Both in the same game! I was left with a roster headlined by free agent pick up Corey Maggette..... I simmed through the rest of the year, losing pretty much all games and ending with the 4th worst record. And, to my surprise, the Warriors finished in the lottery to (no idea what happened there, when I traded for their pick they were somewhere in the 22-15 ballpark and looking like surfire contenders) I ended up with the 4th and 12th pick. I drafted Marcus Smart and Dario Saric respectively. In free agency, I resigned Kobe (1y/18m) and Pau (1y,6m). I could've gone after LeBron and probably would've signed him, but decided not to make it that easy to myself. Instead, I went after Bosh, who demanded a very reasonable 4y/52m contract. Melo went to the Magic (as always, it seems), and LeBron teamed up with Al Horford and Jeff Teague in Atlanta (lol, i guess).

I'm now going to start my second season. My team is as follows:

PG - Luke Ridnour
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Dario Saric
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Chris Bosh
6 - Marcus Smart
7 - Brandon Rush
8 - Metta World Peace
9 - Lamar Odom
10 - Emeka Okafor
11 - Robert Sacre
12 - Nate Wolters
13 - Ryan Kelly

Ridnour, World Peace, Odom and Wolters all signed on minimum or close to minimum deals. Brandon Rush was signed on very reasonable 2y/4.5m and is a really nice 3 and D guy of the bench and insurance policy if Kobe or Saric breaks down. Okafor is on a 1y/3.3m deal. I use Marcus Smart as my Sixth man combo guard. I'm still about 3 million under the cap, but I'm gonna keep it that way in case I want to make a trade or injuries force me to sign someone out of free agency.

I'm looking forward to next season. It's gonna be tough going for the title since my teams defense is limited, but I felt like a Lakers GM owes it to Kobe to at least try and go all in. What you guys think?
Old 02-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #768
Pro

BlackAndGoldVandal's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimArkes
After a successful stint of 6 years rebuilding the Jazz, I decided to start a new MyGM with the Lakers and see how quickly a quick rebuild could be done. About 10 games into the season, I lost Nash to a Torn MCL, which ended his season (and as it turned out, his career). At that point I decided to make everyone available except for Bryant. I was able to turn Jordan Hill into Joel Anthony and the Heat 1st round pick, and then turned that pick + Nick Young into the Warriors 1st round pick. I found it hard to find a good deal for Gasol without taking advantage of the AI, and after 50 games and only 2 games back of the 8th seed, I decided to just go for the playoffs. The second game after the trade deadline, the worst happened. I lost Kobe for 2 months and Pau for the season. Both in the same game! I was left with a roster headlined by free agent pick up Corey Maggette..... I simmed through the rest of the year, losing pretty much all games and ending with the 4th worst record. And, to my surprise, the Warriors finished in the lottery to (no idea what happened there, when I traded for their pick they were somewhere in the 22-15 ballpark and looking like surfire contenders) I ended up with the 4th and 12th pick. I drafted Marcus Smart and Dario Saric respectively. In free agency, I resigned Kobe (1y/18m) and Pau (1y,6m). I could've gone after LeBron and probably would've signed him, but decided not to make it that easy to myself. Instead, I went after Bosh, who demanded a very reasonable 4y/52m contract. Melo went to the Magic (as always, it seems), and LeBron teamed up with Al Horford and Jeff Teague in Atlanta (lol, i guess).

I'm now going to start my second season. My team is as follows:

PG - Luke Ridnour
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Dario Saric
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Chris Bosh
6 - Marcus Smart
7 - Brandon Rush
8 - Metta World Peace
9 - Lamar Odom
10 - Emeka Okafor
11 - Robert Sacre
12 - Nate Wolters
13 - Ryan Kelly

Ridnour, World Peace, Odom and Wolters all signed on minimum or close to minimum deals. Brandon Rush was signed on very reasonable 2y/4.5m and is a really nice 3 and D guy of the bench and insurance policy if Kobe or Saric breaks down. Okafor is on a 1y/3.3m deal. I use Marcus Smart as my Sixth man combo guard. I'm still about 3 million under the cap, but I'm gonna keep it that way in case I want to make a trade or injuries force me to sign someone out of free agency.

I'm looking forward to next season. It's gonna be tough going for the title since my teams defense is limited, but I felt like a Lakers GM owes it to Kobe to at least try and go all in. What you guys think?

Honestly I love how you're keeping it pretty fair and realistic. I hate seeing people just do all the unrealistic trades and signings.

Good work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »