Home

Official NBA2K14 NextGen Patch Request

This is a discussion on Official NBA2K14 NextGen Patch Request within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Official NBA2K14 NextGen Patch Request

1) defensive settings -- I loved being able to play off Monta Ellis or Josh Smith and let them shoot 3s. On the rare chance they got hot, I'd have to adjust my defense to play tight on them, and I miss those coaching adjustments. In the PS3 version, I tried playing off Steph Curry for a game -- he went 10-14 from deep which is probably what he'd do in real life. Next game I double-teamed him every time he touched the ball and he shot only 3 3s but had 17 assists. Great realism based on the defensive settings in the current gen. I still love the next gen game but it's more arcade-like instead of a solid sim

2) playoff mode -- I don't have enough time to play a whole season or go in-depth in MyGM mode, but I really liked having the ability to play a best of 7 series. I know I could still do that by playing 7 consecutive exhibition games but it's not the same. That likely wouldn't be a patch but I'd pay $5 for DLC that brought that mode back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #82
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

kobe needs a skinnier body model
Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #83
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
We are monitoring all your tweets this 1st weekend and relaying news along to specific dev departments. #NBA2K14 NextGen
— Ronnie 2K 2K14 (@Ronnie2K) November 17, 2013
I know 2k monitor these boards but it's a good idea to relay all our patch requests to Ronnie2K's twitter account aswell.
I'm not on twitter. Can somebody put the link to this thread on his twitter?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #84
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

Remove those VC points off MyGM. That is just money grabbing and unappealing. Makes people start to dislike you.

Let us save our roster changes on our hard drive.

Playing online with friends a lot, allow us to use custom rosters and sliders in a friends lobby.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #85
Pro

d23x's Arena

Sounds like this game has many bugs. I'm just so sick of 2k removing and then adding stuff back like its a new feature. Hopefully when I get my xbox this Friday the game at least plays decent with all these features that need fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #86
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packermatt
1) defensive settings -- I loved being able to play off Monta Ellis or Josh Smith and let them shoot 3s. On the rare chance they got hot, I'd have to adjust my defense to play tight on them, and I miss those coaching adjustments. In the PS3 version, I tried playing off Steph Curry for a game -- he went 10-14 from deep which is probably what he'd do in real life. Next game I double-teamed him every time he touched the ball and he shot only 3 3s but had 17 assists. Great realism based on the defensive settings in the current gen. I still love the next gen game but it's more arcade-like instead of a solid sim
I cant believe these were taken out
Old 11-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #87
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

A patch to have a skip button for MyCareer. Due to the crappy servers I had to create 3 characters and have yet to commit to one. The cut scenes are just way too LONG and I want to skip them.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #88
Pro

2K please listen to this:

Why did you allow double tap of X for intentional foul?? So you mean i can't swipe my hand twice quickly at the ballhandler?? This is important when you're defending (it's always been a part of NBA2k game)....you want to swipe your hand and try to strip the ball...but doing so initiate an intentional foul. C'mon...this is ridiculous. You could have put "intentional foul" on ANY of the PS4 button...why make it so complicated. You could have for example use L1 + R2 for intentional foul. There is so many way you can initiate this but double tabbing defeat the purpose of defending the ball w/ quick hand swipe. IT's almost like you guys are doing this on purpose to avoid having the ball steal all the time. Maybe that's a flaw within the game.

Also please change the long football passes. You know for a fact in real life when a player is WIDE OPEN down the field....there is no way a PG or ANYONE else could have missed that...but the game almost make it impossible to pass down the court because it magically just went over the head by a long shot. I understand this is a sim again...but c'mon REALLY? Please correct that aspect of the game and still maintain sim.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 11-19-2013 at 01:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »