Home

How to keep role players happy?

This is a discussion on How to keep role players happy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
How to keep role players happy?

No matter who my role players are they always get upset/heated/anxious after a year. Most recently H. Barnes and J. Lamb. Both were coming off the bench (20+ minutes), my team went to the playoffs (2nd round exit) but now that the new year has started they are both heated.

The prior year K. Thompson and L. Stephenson were quality role players, and both of them were upset by the end of the year, even though we made the playoffs and they received (20+ minutes per game).

Any thoughts on keeping role players happy?

(Note: this is all after the latest patch that was going to fix player morale)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How to keep role players happy?

Don't even get me started on this lol. I had to trade Samuel Dalambert because 25 minutes wasn't enough for him. I tried Klay Thompson as a 6th man too and you know how that turned out.

I used to turn morale off in association, but now I just have to have a crappier bench.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:06 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Never increase their role unless they complain. Talk to them and give them morale boosts. Give them extended playing time in blow outs
Old 02-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

If you play enough games and accumulate enough VC, you can by player boosts in the facilities menu that will reset the whole morale baseline for your franchise.

This whole mechanic is a VC sales engine. But once you buy the boosts you can have guys who should be starting accept lesser roles. It's really unbalanced.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
If you play enough games and accumulate enough VC, you can by player boosts in the facilities menu that will reset the whole morale baseline for your franchise.

This whole mechanic is a VC sales engine. But once you buy the boosts you can have guys who should be starting accept lesser roles. It's really unbalanced.
Right.... This mechanic that has been in the game for years has magically become a vc sales engine, just because they gave you another option to deal with players with negative morale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

Quote:

Oh wow. I should have guessed that. I guess i'll have to start saving up some VC. Either that or trade Gerald Green.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Trade them to the sorriest team.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #8
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

Quote:

I just looked through the facilities menu. What are the facilities called? I only found one that raises morale by three.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »