Home

Next-Gen 2K is Completely Barebones Online

This is a discussion on Next-Gen 2K is Completely Barebones Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Next-Gen 2K is Completely Barebones Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Just got this tweet from LD2K for those wanting to know more about online leagues:

Ok, now wait and see... Sliders and Resetting games are very important issues either.

Last edited by Guard-ian; 11-17-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRobP
NBA 2K11 was like this. You could only start the league once all teams were filled. Only 2K12 and 2K13 allowed you to start the league with all CPU teams.

Everyone had to know that this edition of 2k was going to be pretty barebones. Looks like it has potential though. Make it like 2K11 and start up the Community League site where everything sync's up.
The same 2k11 where you could not customize your league sliders? If I recall u only had a choice from sim/casual and whatever else they gave you.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
The same 2k11 where you could not customize your league sliders? If I recall u only had a choice from sim/casual and whatever else they gave you.
That was in 2k12 I think, with the beginning of Online Associations...

If I remember correctly in 2k11 you could set difficulty, sliders, dump/invite people, reset games, approve trades, fantasy draft the rosters, etc. And we had also a Web Site much more useful than the current one (well, in fact we don't know anything about the current one TBH)...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 11-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
You could have customized everything as admin.

What i see here is complete joke..

Last edited by ataman5; 11-17-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
That was in 2k12 I think, with the beginning of Online Associations...

If I remember correctly in 2k11 you could set difficulty, sliders, dump/invite people, reset games, approve trades, fantasy draft the rosters, etc. And we had also a Web Site much more useful than the current one (well, in fact we don't know anything about the current one TBH)...

Cheers! ;-)
Yup in 2K11 you had full control as admin. The only difference was that the league was only one season at a time. But we had the website with highlights, stats, articles everything. If they brought all of that back for next-gen, I won't be as disappointed as I am now.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Yup in 2K11 you had full control as admin. The only difference was that the league was only one season at a time. But we had the website with highlights, stats, articles everything. If they brought all of that back for next-gen, I won't be as disappointed as I am now.
In fact, I play leagues in a couple of communities since 2k8, about the people there (more than one hundred in fact) most of them are only interested in the online leagues part of 2k, not my case as I also play other modes but, we all have been disappointed year after year (with the buggy OA) since 2k11, but this is just getting ridiculous.

What is the point with this kind of online leagues now?

Without the abbility to set the game difficulty, sliders, reset games, dump people, approve trades, perform fantasy drafts, etc. etc. it is not playable any more.

I hope they (2k devs) will realize these are very important aspects for so many gamers loyals to 2k for so many years and they will patch it or provide us with admin/setup options somehow...

Cheers!

Last edited by Guard-ian; 11-17-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not at the house right now, but when I get back I'll experiment with the mode a little more and do some of the things you guys have suggested and then report back.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #24
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Yeah, it's definitely pretty bare bones. You can see your record against online opponents though, just check your V.I.P. The thing that bums me out most about their game is there is absolutely no stat tracking whatsoever. I care about that a great deal, so that being missing is definitely disappointing. These things are a blemish on an otherwise spectacular game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »