Home

Next-Gen 2K is Completely Barebones Online

This is a discussion on Next-Gen 2K is Completely Barebones Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #41
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Next-Gen 2K is Completely Barebones Online

I understand barebones but if you are starting over for next gen why take a step back to years ago? All this tells me there is no money to made in online leagues to 2K because if there were the mode would have not been like this point blank. Also they have program watchers monitoring how many people play online leagues. So if the numbers are low they are not going to devote much time into it. So they basically said online league you are the minority you mean little overall. Disappointing I was looking to play in a league.

OP if you started a online league what other settings are offered once you are actually in a league like complete a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
There are separate records for offline and online play.
Oh ok......well this new for next gen. I knew that couldn't be right. No way 2k wouldn't keep your online record......the OP just had to dig a little deeper.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Online game is slow though. I feel like it's a step behind 2k7. I mean the graphics is great and it's great playing offline...but online just being slow make button responsiveness hard to play and execute plays.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just to give you guys a quick update, I tried the suggestion a few people in here came up with: Go into the normal options to see if I can change the settings for the online association through there. I cannot. I'll have a video of me doing all this stuff tomorrow to show you guys how everything went down, but as of right now: The admin of the league has absolutely no say in the quarter length, game style (simulation or default), difficulty (pro, all-star, superstar, etc) and no access to any sliders.

Very disappointing to say the least.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #45
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
Just to give you guys a quick update, I tried the suggestion a few people in here came up with: Go into the normal options to see if I can change the settings for the online association through there. I cannot. I'll have a video of me doing all this stuff tomorrow to show you guys how everything went down, but as of right now: The admin of the league has absolutely no say in the quarter length, game style (simulation or default), difficulty (pro, all-star, superstar, etc) and no access to any sliders.

Very disappointing to say the least.
Well what difficulty and qtr length is it set on by default? Also what we meant is if you set your normal settings to lets say HOF 8 min qtrs and then go and create the league.....would it load with your settings? And are you absolutely sure we can't boot people from the league as the commish?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #46
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
2K seems to put the most effort to where they can milk the customer base with VC purchases. Online association doesn't have that so it gets ignored year after year. I already pay full price every year (this year for the upgrade as well) and you already have your game littered with advertisements from Gatorade, KIA and so on. Why do you have to treat me like I'm playing farmville?

Online association and crew mode are the best game modes you can have in a sports game, yet they are non-existent or have the least amount of effort put into them in this game series, which is a damn shame when the core gameplay is so good.

I wish they'd take a page out of EA's book when making these game modes.
****Offline Association/Franchise
Old 11-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #47
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
****Offline Association/Franchise
Offline Association/Franchise will soon be obsolete. Take a look around you buddy. Everything is going online, even in this next-gen everything is connected to the online server, even your beloved offline MyGM and MyCareer.

2K needs to start focusing most of their effort to online modes or else they will end up left in the dust.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Well what difficulty and qtr length is it set on by default? Also what we meant is if you set your normal settings to lets say HOF 8 min qtrs and then go and create the league.....would it load with your settings? And are you absolutely sure we can't boot people from the league as the commish?
Before playing the game I went into the normal options and set the game to 2 minute quarters just to see if that would change in the online league. It did not. When I started my game in the online league the quarter was set at 6 minutes, not the 2 minute quarters that I set in the default options. That tells me that 2K has a set quarter length, difficult and game style (default) they want you to play and you cannot change it as far as online leagues go.

As far as booting users goes I do not see an options to do that anywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »