Home

Is my NBA 2K14 broken?

This is a discussion on Is my NBA 2K14 broken? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is my NBA 2K14 broken?

Is my 2K14 broken? I put in my game, it installed and updated. It told me to hit the options button to get to the main menu. I did.

At the main menu the only choices are:

There are no other menu options. I have no ability to view teams rosters, get online, edit players, or whatever else should appear on the main menu. I don't know what normal is because it's been this way since I put it in. No way to downloand latest rosters, etc.

This is what I see under features:

I tried to start a myGM mode. It allowed me to pick the GM settings (ie 82 game, difficulty, etc) and pick my team. After that it brought me straight to a screen with my schedule on the left, with some news on the right. I didn't get to pick the type of GM I want to be, or anything else.

Once in the 'myGM' mode, I dont have the ability to make trades, or do anything in regards to front office stuff. Pics of all are below.

Has anyone else experience this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is my NBA 2K14 broken?

I should also add, I've tried to do this twice now with myGM, and both times this is what happened.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Lastly, everytime I turn the game on, it takes me to the screen below. I agree and it will say "Updating myplayer account." Then I will get a fail message like the second picture below. It has been happening for two days.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Is my NBA 2K14 broken?

It's called the 2K Servers suck.

Or at the least, that what I think it is.

Just wait it out I guess .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

No it's not broken. Just the new menu system for the new systems. there are other threads where others are sharing their displeasure/confusion and solutions to get updated rosters/draft classes.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
It's called the 2K Servers suck.

Or at the least, that what I think it is.

Just wait it out I guess .

Do the servers need to be up for me to have a functioning myGM mode?

I dont understand why others can see rosters, etc at the main menu and I cant. I also don't know why when I try myGM it doesnt work, but it seems to be working for others.<-- This being my main issue.

If it's connected to the servers I could understand, but I don't know why the servers being down would cause me to be unable to get a working myGM mode since it's not online. I mean I don't even get to pick my GM, and basic functions that show in the previews like "Front Office" dont appear in myGM mode at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
Do the servers need to be up for me to have a functioning myGM mode?

I dont understand why others can see rosters, etc at the main menu and I cant. I also don't know why when I try myGM it doesnt work, but it seems to be working for others.

If it's connected to the servers I could understand, but I don't know why the servers being down would cause me to be unable to get a working myGM mode since it's not online.
I think you have to buy that with VC. Don't have the game, I just know VC plays a big part in the game.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I think you have to buy that with VC. Don't have the game, I just know VC plays a big part in the game.

That's weird. In the reviews I watched, as soon as they started a myGM mode they had things like "Fan Interest" and "Projected Profit" at the top. Neither show for me.

Also, once inside their GM mode, they had the following menu options "Front Office", "Business," "Owner," and "MyGM." I don't have any of those options. In the last two pics in my first post, you can see all the menu options I have.

Why would I have to spend VC to simply get those boxes to appear, and have things like Fan Interest and Projected Profit appear. They seem like basic functions.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
That's weird. In the reviews I watched, as soon as they started a myGM mode they had things like "Fan Interest" and "Projected Profit" at the top. Neither show for me.

Also, once inside their GM mode, they had the following menu options "Front Office", "Business," "Owner," and "MyGM." I don't have any of those options. In the last two pics in my first post, you can see all the menu options I have.

Why would I have to spend VC to simply get those boxes to appear, and have things like Fan Interest and Projected Profit appear. They seem like basic functions.
I don't know man. But stuff like this are in the game.

Something is up with the server I'm betting. Again, I don't really have the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »