Home

MyPlayer Running Plays

This is a discussion on MyPlayer Running Plays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyPlayer Running Plays

Has anyone figured out to have plays auto called? I'm a SG and like to have plays autocalled. Could last gen, but havent figured out how. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Come get and join in the BETA and help make InGame the next big thing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyPlayer Running Plays

I've got auto plays turned on, but coach won't call them. This is probably something that will need to be patched
Old 11-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Rookie

I have the same issue and realized I can toggle on off where I'm supposed to be on a given play. It's in the settings area. But the indicators don't show on every play, so that has me puzzled.

I also noticed something in the coach settings that you can increase a slider to "run plays" or something like that. Maybe if you slide this over to 100% it might help? Would be funny though if it messed up fast breaks and the guy with the ball stops to a run a play. hah
Old 11-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Glad I finally found a thread talking about this. I'm the same way, I like plays to automatically be called, but they don't seem to be called in MyCareer, even though I do have playcalling set to auto, and floor art set to full.

Last gen I was a C, and as the ball was being brought up the floor, my designated spot was already showing, and as a play was run, the play name was shown and the floor art showed. Very easy to understand. So far in MyCareer, it does seem like there is never a play being run. They usually get me the ball, but I'm having such a hard time with the dribbling controls, I can't hardly do anything. (Took me a while to get a good grasp of the controls, particularly dribbling, last gen. Got it down to a respectable point last gen, and for some reason I'm having a very hard time with the Pro Stick dribbling).

So - are you guys that posted here still having trouble getting plays called? If so, I do hope it's something that gets patched.

Quick thought - would holding the L1 button for Smart Playcalling force it? Or only if you are a pg?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

You have to slow down. Do you see how the CPU PG stops at or around the top of the key. Thats called running a half court OFF. If your constantly running up and down the court you will stay in freelance mode.

I also had to adjust as no Nba 2k game has required such a realistic approach. I only try to run off turnovers or missed shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »