Home

Is This The Biggest Year to Year Regression of All-Time?

This is a discussion on Is This The Biggest Year to Year Regression of All-Time? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Is This The Biggest Year to Year Regression of All-Time?

I mean you can talk about Madden 05 Xbox/PS2 to Madden 06 PS3/360 and you can talk about Live 10 to Elite 11, but other than that…how can a game launch with half of the game blatantly removed??? I mean when you look at the extensive list of features missing it raises some eyebrows:
  • Unable to save our own rosters?
  • Settings won't save
  • Scripted injuries in My Player (I had the same one Chris Smoove Had smh.)
  • No create a player
  • And IMO The biggest hit of all The inability to edit the appearance of draft classes...

And to think that people were talking $70 a game this gen…for what? For this? And the fact that 2K has been dead silent over this whole time is really pointing to these features (mainly CAP) being ignored or "impossible" to implement.

I mean with the removal of CAP and appearance editing 2K effectively killed off about a 3rd of the community when it comes to roster editing capabilities…I think anyone who cares about 2K anyone who cares about OS as a community should be in support of the reimplementation [Is that a word? lol] of these features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is This The Biggest Year to Year Regression of All-Time?

If you think this is regression...

I can only imagine how you would of felt if we went back in time to Madden 06.

I think you are missing the points to MyGM and MyPlayer.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If you think this is regression...

I can only imagine how you would of felt if we went back in time to Madden 06.

I think you are missing the points to MyGM and MyPlayer.
Just because Madden o6 was worse doesn't make this all of a sudden ok.

MyGm and MyPlayer's additions are garbage too. Did we really need cutscenes? Especially ones that will repeat and aren't super realistic. In fact Id argue that these additions are the reason they took out **** as well.

We are talking about features that have been a standard for 10 years now. I get it that they wanted to do more than just port CG but in the end they failed to understand, that doesn't mean you cut basic *** features so you could put in cutscenes and interviews. Those kinda of things only work when the rest of the game is fully featured.

This game would be a LOT better if CAP, Saving Rosters to your harddrive, and multiple players in the single player modes(at least the season mode). As is its going to get boring really fast for players like me who don't want to deal with the extra ****.

If the game was just garbage, I'd just trade it in and move on but there is a great game in here but it is ruined by some beyond stupid decisions that may or may not be 2k being greedy ****s.

In short, this is a simulation videogame that gets in the way of you simulating because modes and features are missing or broken
Old 11-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

I find it hilarious how the same people who always complain about how bad madden is and how nfl 2k5 was so much better will put up with the same bs that 2k pulls and not complain about it smh... they buy 2k everyyear without even thinking about it but they hold a grudge against madden and some of the madden bashers actually haven't played the game in years

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Gman 18; 11-17-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I find it hilarious how the same people who always complain about how bad madden is and how nfl 2k5 was so much better will put up with the same bs that 2k pulls and not complain about it smh...

That was really my point, I want to keep it 100. I see past the smoke and mirrors. OTHER THAN THE GRAPHICS How is this game better? I mean really? What are the better features? Association is scrapped and the VC ridden MYGM mode sure doesn't seem better, so how is this game such a step forward? At this point I would go as far as to say that Madden had a better transition over to Next Gen did than 2K did. They kept all their features the same, made some gameplay improvements, and a slight graphical bump. A week ago I would have never even dreamed I would be saying that. I actually got in trouble in a thread on the Madden forums saying that they needed to be more like 2K and boy was I wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
That was really my point, I want to keep it 100. I see past the smoke and mirrors. OTHER THAN THE GRAPHICS How is this game better? I mean really? What are the better features? Association is scrapped and the VC ridden MYGM mode sure doesn't seem better, so how is this game such a step forward? At this point I would go as far as to say that Madden had a better transition over to Next Gen did than 2K did. They kept all their features the same, made some gameplay improvements, and a slight graphical bump. A week ago I would have never even dreamed I would be saying that. I actually got in trouble in a thread on the Madden forums saying that they needed to be more like 2K and boy was I wrong.
Thats because its 2k and 2k is apparently allowed to get away with laziness according to some people. 2k left a lot of things that were in current gen out of next gen and i have yet to hear a complaint from the 2k fanboys/ madden bashers. All they care about is the improved graphics but not about the features that 2k removed that were in the game for like 10 years but if madden removes 1 little thing then the madden bashers erupt like a volcano of complaints about how bad madden is and how lazy the developers are smh. At least madden didn't remove anything from current gen

Last edited by Gman 18; 11-17-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
how can a game launch with half of the game blatantly removed???
Half the game removed?? That sounds scary, what did they take out?

Quote:

• Unable to save our own rosters?
  • Settings won't save
  • Scripted injuries in My Player (I had the same one Chris Smoove Had smh.)
  • No create a player
  • And IMO The biggest hit of all The inability to edit the appearance of draft classes...
hahahahahahaha, don't think you should stop with video games, this is clearly a worse regression than the entire George W. Bush presidency
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Damn did everyone expect this to be lights out on the first game of generation. IT'S NOT A PORT. So they don't have same things from 360/PS3 2K14. Things will be fixed via patches and 2k15. Relax and enjoy the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »