Home

All this hate, will it stray you or leave you begging for more?

This is a discussion on All this hate, will it stray you or leave you begging for more? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
All this hate, will it stray you or leave you begging for more?

Okay, first of all I don't have NG yet. The game is at my house and I'll be picking up my Xbox 1 Thursday night. With that said, any regular member here has read the terrible things that has been changed. From my perspective it seems as the gameplay is the best anyone has ever seen, but everything else is, well, ****. So I'm chilling at my doctors office waiting to be seen and I just thought I would ask. Did 2k kick you off their wagon with all of these deleted features, or will you anxiously be awaiting to see if nba 2k15 will be the "best basketball simulation of all time?"

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: All this hate, will it stray you or leave you begging for more?

I've been having a blast playing exhibitions games. To me the gameplay is so good that while I can't necessarily overlook the omissions, the game remains enjoyable despite them. I have personally never been huge on rosters and CAPs, so as long as the gameplay is good which it is, I can enjoy the game.

I won't feel the same way next year however. If 30 team control isnt in to fix boneheaded AI trades and CAP isn't included, I will not be purchasing the game. I honestly don't see how the gameplay can make a big enough leap in another year to compensate for these things being omitted
Old 11-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I've been having a blast playing exhibitions games. To me the gameplay is so good that while I can't necessarily overlook the omissions, the game remains enjoyable despite them. I have personally never been huge on rosters and CAPs, so as long as the gameplay is good which it is, I can enjoy the game.

I won't feel the same way next year however. If 30 team control isnt in to fix boneheaded AI trades and CAP isn't included, I will not be purchasing the game. I honestly don't see how the gameplay can make a big enough leap in another year to compensate for these things being omitted
I'm right there with you. I've never really been a roster guy or the one to create old legends. However I really hope that I can still do a legend fantasy draft in MyGM. If u can still do that this year, then I'm set.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 11-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm not worried about feature and modes. They can come and go between an year and another
I'm worried about the direction 2k is taking with the VC thing
Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I'm not worried about feature and modes. They can come and go between an year and another
I'm worried about the direction 2k is taking with the VC thing
Yeah, that may be the most concerning takeway from this years game. I haven't gotten deep into the modes yet (MyGM, MyCareer) but if the game is going towards needing to purchase VC in order to effectively play these modes, I want no parts of future 2k offerings.

This first next gen offering is a great game on the court and 2k basketball is really on the cusp of becoming a truly transcendent product. It would be a shame for them to go the other way and ruin a great series by trying to money grab the hell out of their fanbase and alienate the core players that allowed the game to be great in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

i love next gen, im not a big fan of CAP,30 team control or like assoication mode, im mostly a my team and my player guy and thats what they focused on!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario210
i love next gen, im not a big fan of CAP,30 team control or like assoication mode, im mostly a my team and my player guy and thats what they focused on!
They focus on your VC but I assume that is fine for you
Old 11-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
They focus on your VC but I assume that is fine for you
Actually MyCareer is perfectly playable without buying VC - on current gen it didn't take me more than 10 games to get my player go an ovr rating of 80. Then again, VC IS a greedy move that should be criticised at every turn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »