Home

NBA Today is the greatest FEATURE EVER!!

This is a discussion on NBA Today is the greatest FEATURE EVER!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
NBA Today is the greatest FEATURE EVER!!

Anyone agreed that this is the greatest feature ever created in ANY SPORTS video game? I mean the whole integration w/ LIVE NBA scores and stats and having real time dynamic commentary...is JUST AMAZING. It'll never get old and it always stay current. This is what i been telling developers to do since the creation of 2K sports genre. I say you need to have dynamic commentary, NOT generic because it gets old. Dynamic commentary will never gets old...it stays current. The whole presentation is just very slick....the Half Time show highlights and Assist of the Game and then they update real NBA scores and talk about which team is leading....seriously, are you kidding me!! The Jordan Player of the Game and the interview after the game. The whole thing is pretty slick. I can honestly say that this is the single feature that will make me buy the game regardless if they have any other modes (MyGM, MyPlayer, ect.) in there. I actually don't care about other modes. NBA Today can be a game in ITSELF and that's enough to warrant a purchase.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 11-19-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Today is the greatest FEATURE EVER!!

Lol idk about greatest but I like it!
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

similar features are in mlb the show, fifa, and nba live, but they don't go in depth as 2k does though.

Only Madden doesn't have a feature to implement real time records and stats, and commentatory based on real life happenings, which is dumb

Last edited by Mouse; 11-19-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
similar features are in mlb the show, fifa, and nba live, but they don't go in depth as 2k does though.

Only Madden doesn't have a feature to implement real time records and stats, and commentatory based on real life happenings, which is dumb
Yeah considering there aren't daily updates needed, you would think Madden would have the easiest time implementing a feature like this
Old 11-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Is it so much improved compared to CG?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Never got what was so great about the mode. It's an exhibition game with up to date commentary. Not exactly something I'm rushing to play when I boot up 2k.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Never got what was so great about the mode. It's an exhibition game with up to date commentary. Not exactly something I'm rushing to play when I boot up 2k.
Same. It's just an exhibition game to me. It doesn't count for anything. But guess I'm glad it's in since people like it.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

NBA Today has been my favorite mode since it was introduced. I've always liked the real-time nature of the games, the dynamic commentary, and other presentation elements that make the games seem real. But I mix it in with some Association, as I like playing games that have some longer-term meaning. I do understand some people not enjoying playing essentially an exhibition game, but for me it's more about enjoying playing the games themselves and the competition that comes from it. It's not all that much different than playing a one-off game in real life; you play for the enjoyment of playing the game. Not necessarily having a need to progress to some goal

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »