Home

2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

This is a discussion on 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #73
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac416
WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS SO CONCERENED WITH THE BLOODY THREADS!! WORRY ABOUT FIXING THE DAMN GAME. AND PEOPLE WERE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERENT ISSUES IN THE TWO THREADS SO WHO CARES. THERE IS LITERALY ONE PLAYABLE MODE IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. MY TEAM, MY GM AND MY PLAYER ARE BROKEN BUT COULD EASILY BE FIXED. EASILY! BUT THE LAZY *** GUYS AT 2K WOULD HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOME WORK INSTEAD OF CONSTANTLY TWEETING PICTURES OF PLAYER FACES THAT ARE FROM INSTANT REPLAY
damn man chill with caps...I agree with you though.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #74
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Tmac.... I actually agree with the overall thoughts of your post but you gotta chill man. Caps and name calling never gets you the desired results.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 9

I have an idea about roles.

As a Pacers fan it's been so obvious that David West changed the mentality of the entire franchise. I'd like to see some kind of system where great leadership keeps players in line. If your team lacks leadership, players are more likely to go off on their own and request trades and sulk and such. But with "model professionals" like West and George Hill etc., "unpredictable" personalities like Stephenson can be productive members of the culture.

In the game, unpredictable personalities are actually very predictable.

I would say that possibly the biggest problem with trade realism in the game is player roles. as such it's clear that their effect needs to be tweaked.

How many times in a season does a team trade a guy because he's complaining about minutes? In real life I mean? This should be the calibrating factor. I would contend that the game is drastically overtuned in terms of this kind of thing. It should only happen a few times a season, if that.

And more importantly, if it's not an important player on the team, it shouldn't cause the entire team to play worse.

Last edited by doctorhay53; 11-23-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #76
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac416
WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS SO CONCERENED WITH THE BLOODY THREADS!! WORRY ABOUT FIXING THE DAMN GAME. AND PEOPLE WERE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERENT ISSUES IN THE TWO THREADS SO WHO CARES. THERE IS LITERALY ONE PLAYABLE MODE IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. MY TEAM, MY GM AND MY PLAYER ARE BROKEN BUT COULD EASILY BE FIXED. EASILY! BUT THE LAZY *** GUYS AT 2K WOULD HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOME WORK INSTEAD OF CONSTANTLY TWEETING PICTURES OF PLAYER FACES THAT ARE FROM INSTANT REPLAY
Calm the hell down. We aren't going to get ANYTHING with you insulting Leftos/the devs whenever they are here. Constructive criticism with ideas on how to fix the issue (player roles) are what will work. I'm as disappointed as you are that MyGM is pretty much broken right now and I'm forced to go back to my 30 team 2k13 Assocaition, but incessant complaining WITHOUT solid suggestions isn't going to get us anywhere.

To everyone else, some great ideas so far in this thread.

Last edited by Melbournelad; 11-23-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Unfortunately this isn't something that can be patched. It's an issue with with 2K's AI. I was fearful that despite all of the graphical and aesthetic changes in next gen, the AI would still possess a lot of the same flaws. It appears that is the case. I noticed when watching one of Chris Smoove's videos that the AI's rotation logic and minutes distribution is still as rigid and unrealistic as current gen also. In my opinion, AI has always been one of 2K's weak points (not including online server quality and rosters). If they could really improve in that area, they'll really take that next step IMO.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Well, the poster said that he looked in trade finder and was offered David Lee strait up for STAT. With Amares contract, his physical health, and the overall decline of his game, anyone would know that the Warriors would never in a trillion years offer the Knicks David Lee for STAT. It just wouldn't happen.

Again, not saying in 2K it couldn't happen, because it obviously can; But that goes back to the overall rating. It should mean a lot less than it does for teams when it comes to trades.
I think his point is that he can't fix the logic in place without seeing the specific circumstances to that trade. Saying David Lee for Amare would never happen does not give him a look at the logic behind the trade, which might clue him in to how the logic can better represent reality.

I also wanted to say that I think the "expectations" stat would be pretty good. I would hope it wasn't static though. Perhaps it would adjust based on other parameters talked about in this thread like classifying players into groups based on where they are in their careers (old guys wanting to win championships).
Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #79
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a thread i left on players roles a while ago, and it contains some of the ideas i wanna ask about having in game.

Edit: the link to this thread i made isn't working. just check all threads made by me in my arena, and look for player roles thread. To see what im talking about.

I really feel ppg and rating do play to big of a factor, as others have stated. And i would really like to see some option to tell players what there roles should be when you sign them.
Roles that should be implemented upon signing players are:
defensive stopper
defensive anchor
post presence
scorer
leader/superstar/franchise player
backup big
backup pg
6th man/bench spark plug/hustle guy
secondary ball handler
veteran presence
3 and D guy

I also feel that we should have the ability(if its possible to implement this) to give them more than one role. Say for instance guys like andre iguodala are on gsw to do more than be a defensive stopper. he's also there to play the point forward role, as well as be a type of hustle guy. I would love to see the ability to chose one of my role players as to be maybe a backup big/secondary ball handler, much like andray blatche. Or make my 6th man a backup big, like tyler hansborough or whatever i want there secondary position to be. this way there clear on what there role is, and they don't try to do to much. this was also an idea i had for mycareer, but you guys up and changed the whole game mode, but thats another story in and of itself.

Last edited by OkayC; 11-24-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #80
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

OVR: 0

This has been broken for years the idea that they can totally fix it with a mid seson patch when then can't for several games and a new console gen is absurd. It's not even close to being realistic. The only hope would be to patch the abilty to turn of off. No way are they going to patch a better cpu ai when a new game and system can't do this any talk of this is crowd control. Jmho.

Last edited by Cleveland Rocks; 11-24-2013 at 12:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »