Home

2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

This is a discussion on 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

Leftos
"I still have a gazillion things I've wanted to work on "if I ever had the chance to work at VC", and the list only grows bigger with each great idea I come across in the community. That's why I'm trying to get discussion going, instead of seeing a thread that says "oh I hate this rip it out" and just shake my head and move on."

Thanks for staying focused and not letting words sting too much.

Lists of good ideas on subject. One I liked the most was a role added for Expectations". I know there would be many variables but sounds like a an easier one to implement and it would add to realism.

Last edited by Agame; 11-21-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Thanks for all the feedback guys, and keep it coming. We're already coming up with great ideas moving forward.
As in for next year right? You guys won't be changing or adding this year huh
Old 11-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #59
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

OK has this situation happened to anyone here. Im the Magic in mygm mode and I get a trade offer from the Nuggets cant remember the exact details of the trade but I ended up getting Danilo Gallinari, ok I sim a few games and another trade offer pops up and its the Grizzlies they offer me Mike Conley and I gladly accept.

Now heres where things get funny logic wise, once I made that trade for Conley it pissed Gallinari off to the point he was demanding a trade just because he was no longer the star player on the team, and all of this happened within the simulation of a few games.

Now I have what I thought would be a good team, with horrible chemistry and a key piece wonts to be traded before I even got a chance to play with him lol. Now on 2k's defense my team has a horrible record but still the player wanting a trade just becuase I traded for another star player at a different position is totally off.

I tried to play through but I was so annoyed by this I just turned the PS4 off, back to play now mode I go.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #60
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
See now we're discussing ideas. That's what I like to see. Not just "this is broken, rip it out" posts.

I'm taking notes guys, keep it coming.
If you're doing that, here's an idea. Career priorities. And they can be fluid based on a player's age, experience, and success. Along with how good a player they are.

A rookie might only be focused on minutes, but that could be placated by them improving as a player skill and overall wise. They could even adapt and become a guy that develops into getting sig skills and personality traits tuned to coming off the bench.

Winning a championship could also see a change in certain players. Like if you win a title, then your young guys who were key to the run could want big deals now that they've gotten that coveted ring. And as a GM with a limited budget, maybe you can't satisfy and see key players walk.

And then the older guys who haven't won a title and have already made a load of money in their career. If that one thing they want is a ring, they go the Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis route. Take a low contract for a dominant contender.

Which opens up the chance for a person who had his career priorities on other things. Like building his brand up and making boatloads of money. I'd probably only assign these to generated players, like problem childs in scouting. Maybe you can't get away with something like that, but I'd try anyway.

Could even see a petty player (don't call them that, obviously) who was legitimately disgruntled sign with a team's rival for some payback. You can tie that in with Eco-Motion with him jawing at the crowd on the road or at his old teammates. Just a notion.

Basically, life isn't static. It changes and sometimes people change and learn and all that Disney stuff. And also all that HBO stuff too.

Last edited by Eman5805; 11-21-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #61
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
And also all that HBO stuff too.
Too much nudity for ESRB to give us the E for Everyone.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #62
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Ha. I thinking more Hard Knocks than Game of Thrones. But yeah...gotta get that E for everyone in.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

So is there any idea as to when we can expect a patch for any of the problems?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 2

I care about each and everyone's issue here, but is it to much to ask to start a mycareer or season mode and replicate the NBA without fantasy trades occurring. There should at least be a patch for turning cpu trades off.

I'm kinda of confused, and would like to know the thought process behind this?You would think there would be more threads of rage for this topic.

One more thing, i have a question to Leftos and that is how can i replicate the NBA with no option of cpu trades on or off?

Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »