Home

2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

This is a discussion on 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

Can we get this thread a sticky please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #66
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20

All I want is options. An option to control all teams, an option to turn off player roles, an option to turn off CPU trades. With console gaming on the high level that it is now, we should never be faced with limited options. We as gamers should have unlimited options as to how we want to play our games. Those who want roles and CPU trades should have them , and those of us that don't should have the option to cut them off.

Hopefully options like these could be patched in. If not then hopefully they make it into nba 2k15.

I think part of the problem with player roles is the CPU ability to manage their lineup. From my testing all starters avg around mid 30 min pg in turn this causes low minutes for 6th men and role players. So maybe CPU lineup logic could be tweaked a little as well. This in turn would hopefully raise morale of bench players without hurting the starters to much.

OsVets 1 - Texans
OSVets 2 - Raiders (9-7 afc west champs)
4th & 1 - 49ers

LOEG - Pittsburgh Penguins (11-8-4)
Old 11-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Let me just say that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than you assume, even with trades. But, like I said, examples of bad trades where the whole situation has been assessed and it doesn't make sense are always good feedback to look into. "This X player should never be traded for Y" is not a valid argument to me, unless you've assessed everything about the teams at that point and what they might be trying to do. If the contracts exchanged and the rosters of the two teams after the trade still don't make sense, then I'd like to know about it.
Haha. No roster makes sense with Amare over David Lee, unless a team was clearing cap by trading away Lee for Amare's final year. I'm not sure 2K has that kind of teambuilding logic, given that it seems to have trouble building normal functional teams right.

It's wonderful that you're here and actively looking for solutions and I absolutely agree that fixing and improving the logic is better than ripping out features like player roles, but an option to turn it off is better than being forced to play with logic that's been nearly game breaking for years. I might say we're better off just disabling it all together in a patch until it's fixed if the option to turn it off somehow can't be provided (and I'm not sure why it was removed before roles were actually fixed).

For starters, maybe just turn down player dissatisfaction across the board. Maybe just have it really kick in when a player's overall is 80+ and his role is a starter or some quick fix.

But I agree that roles and satisfaction should tie in with realistic expectations based on existing role, depth in rotation (role player won't be upset playing behind a superstar), team record, skillet, etc.

Last edited by Sundown; 11-23-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #68
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudawaknchi2nev
I care about each and everyone's issue here, but is it to much to ask to start a mycareer or season mode and replicate the NBA without fantasy trades occurring. There should at least be a patch for turning cpu trades off.

I'm kinda of confused, and would like to know the thought process behind this?You would think there would be more threads of rage for this topic.

One more thing, i have a question to Leftos and that is how can i replicate the NBA with no option of cpu trades on or off?

Thank you
I second the notion of wanting to know the thought process to remove the option to turn roles off... Like others have said a players overall is FAR TOO MUCH OF A FACTOR in how the CPU sets it's roles an rotations and that then extends to the ridiculous trades the CPU makes so I'm wondering if anyone at 2k has ever floated the idea of doing away with overall as setting an replacing it with something else? Example being someone like Manu who hasn't averaged more than 27 minutes a game for the last few years maybe that's his minutes or role limit on whatever team he plays for (obviously this changes in game depending on foul trouble or injury)
Old 11-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #69
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Some GREAT ideas in here from everyone. I hope 2K can take even half of these and implement them into the game. It seems like the jump to next gen made player roles operate even more wonky than before.

I can't even play MyGM anymore, and I was looking forward to that mode more than most.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

While I do think that the logic behind Player Roles needs to be changed, I would like to see an option to turn them off.

I think the main problem with the game right now is the lack of customization. In the past, most people who had problems with players being constantly unhappy turned the Player Role option off (just like me). But this year 2k tries to force everything on us.

As a side note, I am playing NBA 2k for more than 5 years, only offline association, and always with CPU trades and Player Roles disabled and I am loving it! So, Next-Gen is not for me until these options find their way back into NBA 2k (and of course the option to play every game of every team every now and then to mix things up)
Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #71
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
There's already a thread about this. Creating multiple threads over the same issue doesn't help, it only makes it harder to track down feedback.

And yes, when it comes to everything Association, I'm VERY serious.
Quote from Leftos.. Let's keep discussion in this thread guys

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 0

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS SO CONCERENED WITH THE BLOODY THREADS!! WORRY ABOUT FIXING THE DAMN GAME. AND PEOPLE WERE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERENT ISSUES IN THE TWO THREADS SO WHO CARES. THERE IS LITERALY ONE PLAYABLE MODE IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. MY TEAM, MY GM AND MY PLAYER ARE BROKEN BUT COULD EASILY BE FIXED. EASILY! BUT THE LAZY *** GUYS AT 2K WOULD HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOME WORK INSTEAD OF CONSTANTLY TWEETING PICTURES OF PLAYER FACES THAT ARE FROM INSTANT REPLAY

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »