Home

Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4?

This is a discussion on Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4?

For people who thinks input can't be caused by your TV, you're sadly mistaken. I recently purchased a 50" Panasonic plasma which had a unreal picture for both the PS4 and Xbox One.

I played 2K14 on systems with this plasma. The input lag was so bad I returned the TV. I played the PS4 version on my brothers 55" LG led, which ran smooth. (240 hz) So I decided to do some research on TV's before I went and bought another. I found this site http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/.

My only problem now is trying the find a balance between picture quality and gaming performance.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I never thought I'd say this, but I have to play offball defense online. This delay makes it impossible to play on-ball D. I might just stop playing this game online altogether because I hate playing offball D. I might as well just play My Career if I'm gonna let the CPU guard the ball.

This is so disappointing. 2K needs to fix this ASAP. I've been playing Madden A LOT more than this game on my PS4.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #27
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
For people who thinks input can't be caused by your TV, you're sadly mistaken. I recently purchased a 50" Panasonic plasma which had a unreal picture for both the PS4 and Xbox One.

I played 2K14 on systems with this plasma. The input lag was so bad I returned the TV. I played the PS4 version on my brothers 55" LG led, which ran smooth. (240 hz) So I decided to do some research on TV's before I went and bought another. I found this site http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/.

My only problem now is trying the find a balance between picture quality and gaming performance.
To clarify - most plasmas don't have high input lag. The majority of them have really low input lag.

The lowest input lag on the market in a TV is possessed by the Sony W802A series. The Panasonic ST60 measures high however I can assure you it's not the TV. Every other game I play on it no issues. It's simply their online net code that's far behind other titles.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #28
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I never thought I'd say this, but I have to play offball defense online. This delay makes it impossible to play on-ball D. I might just stop playing this game online altogether because I hate playing offball D. I might as well just play My Career if I'm gonna let the CPU guard the ball.

This is so disappointing. 2K needs to fix this ASAP. I've been playing Madden A LOT more than this game on my PS4.

Yeah - it's really bad and I feel the same way.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #29
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
To clarify - most plasmas don't have high input lag. The majority of them have really low input lag.

The lowest input lag on the market in a TV is possessed by the Sony W802A series. The Panasonic ST60 measures high however I can assure you it's not the TV. Every other game I play on it no issues. It's simply their online net code that's far behind other titles.

I purchased the Panasonic Model: TC-P50ST60 which is a plasma and the lag was so bad. I played offline only. The Sony Model: KDL55W802A is what's on my list now. You are correct with the lowest input lag.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 12-05-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #30
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

[quote=fsufan4423;2045720418]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I purchased the Panasonic Model: TC-P50ST60 which is a plasma and the lag was so bad. I played offline only. The Sony Model: KDL55W802A is what's on my list now. You are correct with the lowest input lag.
ST60 doesn't bother me, and I'm super sensitive.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:50 AM   #31
Rookie

Escobeats's Arena

OVR: 0

Only time I got off-line lag is when it was still installing and I was in the Spurs V Heat game. That's pretty much the only time. Working perfect off-line atm.

I'm thinking this lagging you're talking about is a '2K' server issue which happens to both XB1 & PS4 and has been happening since last gen too.

Champions:
, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #32
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Input lag is exclusive to the right analog. Shooting with Square Nets much quicker results

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »