Home

Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4?

This is a discussion on Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4?

there is a strong input lag on ps4 and xbox one. you cant do anything about it. so disappointing.. when you installed a game on xbox 360 or the textures in black ops 2 on the ps3 there has been a strong input lag as well. for that reason i didnt install the games on the current gen. on the next gen you have to install the games. sorry if my english is bad ;-)
Old 12-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #34
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Input lag is exclusive to the right analog. Shooting with Square Nets much quicker results

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk
Hmm. RS vs Square? I wonder why this would be. I have been struggling with my shot, and I prefer the right stick. Decisions. Decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have played 7 online games and i've only had 3 excellent releases in total. Usually very late or very early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #36
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I never thought I'd say this, but I have to play offball defense online. This delay makes it impossible to play on-ball D. I might just stop playing this game online altogether because I hate playing offball D. I might as well just play My Career if I'm gonna let the CPU guard the ball.

This is so disappointing. 2K needs to fix this ASAP. I've been playing Madden A LOT more than this game on my PS4.
Yeah, it's tough to stay in front of guys online, a lot tougher than in current gen. I don't see anyone playing on-ball really. Funny enough my releases are mostly great and offense works pretty well.

I play 90% on-ball even in quick ranked on the CG version but not in NG.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #37
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

The amount of input lag online is appalling.

Absolutely must be included in the next update. Seriously unplayable

Old 12-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #38
Rookie

TerminallyOdd's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatingkitchen
i have played 7 online games and i've only had 3 excellent releases in total. Usually very late or very early.
I'm having a hard time with this also. I read some people have problems with wi-fi being slow on the PS4, so I'm running a wired connection now andI think it feels slightly better...but it might just be my head.

Playing with the Warriors online has been a nightmare, shooting-wise, mostly with Steph Curry. He has a quick release that I'm having an impossible time getting the timing down with. I put up an open 3 as I would offline, and all I see is very early or very late. Klay Thompson and Iguodala's shots seem easier to manage online, but getting Curry's release right has been a nightmare. Glad to hear that it's just not me, so hopefully this is improved with a patch.

Not noticing much lag offline though, other than the usual having to wait for animation to finish that happens in NBA 2K game.

EDIT: Also, offline lag (in general) caused by a TV is definitely real, but is also dependent on the person's sensitivity to it. I've played games with friends who have no idea that something is off, whereas some of us can notice it right away. It might be something you've just grown accustomed to as perhaps you've always had TV's with high input lag, and it takes a certain game to make it noticeable. Either way, if you're TV has a Game or PC mode, use it for video games. It should improve things.

Last edited by TerminallyOdd; 12-01-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

I feel the shot feedback is almost lagged as well! I've missed a lot of A shots and free throws, and make more when it says B- early release?

Honestly, my main complaint is being unable to play onball d versus cpu or human. I have to be psychic (or lucky) to stay in front of a guy. Very frustrating, and in my opinion makes the game borderline unplayable. The controls feel sluggish whether it is shooting, isomotion, defense, rebounding, or blocking. I feel behind the 8 ball in all these areas, as far as what i want to happen, happening on screen.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #40
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

I asked Ronnie 2k about the shot stick delay in his live stream yesterday.

He revealed "I don't know what you're talking about, most love the game and this isn't an issue."

Then went on to say this "we intentionally put that delay in there so that users don't do something they didn't want to do."

That last part really irritates me - I want full control quickly, and would like to be able to string together my desired inputs. I cannot with the current amount of unacceptable, and unplayable input lag online in next-gen 2k14. I know it's not my connection or controller as other games zero issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »