Home

Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4?

This is a discussion on Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Does anyone notice SLIGHT input lag on PS4?

I have noticed input lag OFFLINE on PS4 after the servers returned/
Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Has the input lag been fixed yet?
Nope still terrible as ever. Im gonna apply for a refund at amazon since i have til the end of this month to return it.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

i cant even stay in front of my man playing the park i dont no if its cause i got my ps4 hooked to the xb1 or wut
Old 01-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #60
Pro

I play a lot of twitch shooters, lag is my enemy. I notice huge input lag in my offline games, and I'm on xbox one. I'm thinking it's supposed to be like that or something.. But it's ridiculous

Half the time I try to stop and shoot at the 3 point line, my guy keeps running, and I wind up doing an early release because I've held the shoot button for so long I was afraid I'd get a late release.

I press the steal button, and he attempts the steal almost an entire second after I pressed it. This is a pain in the *** for buzzer beaters and pulling off moves.

I especially hate it when I'm running over to set a pick, instead my guy keeps running after I stopped pressing the move button, doesn't set the pick even after holding the pick button for 2 seconds, and my teammate hands off a dangerous pass to me.

I'm hoping it's just this game, and not a console thing. To be honest, I kind of notice it in the menu selection screens too. It's not 1 to 1.

Doesn't seem to happen on the xbox dashboard though.
And ac4 works great on my ps4, for comparison.

I haven't tried online yet. It's always bugged.. Shows no scores and a bunch of twitchy speedy Gonzalez players.. All I see is a blur lol

Looks like Goku and friends playing at full speed
Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOnKoBe
i cant even stay in front of my man playing the park i dont no if its cause i got my ps4 hooked to the xb1 or wut
You're actually adding MORE input lag that way lol

People have tested it with games and have said there's a noticeable delay due to the post processing in the xbox one. The xbox one is actually running it through an app, and it's really configured to work with cable boxes, where the added lag wouldn't be noticeable.

I believe digital foundry did a video demonstrating it.

It's definitely cool to have it hooked up there, but when it comes to precise movement twitch gameplay, your results will be undesirable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shegotgame
While I scratched my head initially, I think I understand it. If the input lag is RS only, it actually makes [unfortunate] sense; the difference between a tap and a hold may vary from user to user and affect control.

I guess I should focus on figuring out where the lag point is online--and adjust my stick skills accordingly--if this isn't going to be patched. It isn't natural for me to shoot with the square unless it's a quick paint shot.

While I find the lag annoying--usually when I miss a wide open shot that I need--I don't find the mode unplayable because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow so the shot delay is purposely there? Ok, still love my xbox. Thought it was a console issue

But that problem exists with the button press, which is the way I prefer to shoot. I don't like the delay because it's hard to get open playing HOF, and by the time I get my shot off, I'm contested.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:54 AM   #63
Rookie

PLEASE TWEET LD2k/ronnie2k (doubt they'll do anything though) about making sure this doesn't plague nba 2k15.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 AM   #64
Rookie

Not your imagination... Its slight but I've recently played it on both next gen consoles and the ps4 looks alil better but plays alil worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »