Home

Let's Clear The Air, You Can Play This Game Offline

This is a discussion on Let's Clear The Air, You Can Play This Game Offline within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Let's Clear The Air, You Can Play This Game Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Thank you. When you regained an online connection, you'd then be able to return to your previous saves, yes? It's just, if you saved online to begin with, you can't access them when it's down, is that correct?
Correct, once online activities are restored you'd be able to access your other saves.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
You don't lose the ability to play those modes, you just lose the ability to play the saves that you already made when connected to the servers.

Once you're not connected to the servers, everything you do from there is saved offline to your HDD
i understand that, but that is still BS.

and YES, i did lose the ability to play those modes. they were straight up removed from my menu. i'm sure if i unplugged my internet from the ps4 then they'd show up, but that's not really a 'work around' if you ask me.

could've been a 1 time thing, but i know what happened and i was unable to play the game for almost a whole day.

Last edited by ryantheplague; 11-23-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: removed hostility.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
i understand that, but that is still BS. so if 2k servers go down, i have to CREATE NEW SAVE FILES, eff that.

and YES, i did lose the ability to play those modes. they were straight up removed from my menu. i'm sure if i unplugged my internet from the ps4 then they'd show up, but that's not really a 'work around' if you ask me.

could've been a 1 time thing, but i know what happened and i was unable to play the game for almost a whole day.
Hey, not saying it doesn't suck, just wanted to let people know that all the modes can be played offline. Tons of people were under the assumption it couldn't be done.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

i gotcha. idk why i presented an emotion towards it one way or the other since it's basically been like this since last year. there's nothing any of us can do about it.

good to know it can be played offline, for sure, though.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

My point is, whenever we start to have roster updates, maybe the default one when we turn the console on being online is the latest one; so if we decide to turn internet off, we can start our associations with the latest one, an not the default that comes with the game...I hope this makes some sense.

And another question: you have said that rosters are stored in the HDD if you are offline, can you find exactly where the .ROS is located on the HDD?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
My point is, whenever we start to have roster updates, maybe the default one when we turn the console on being online is the latest one; so if we decide to turn internet off, we can start our associations with the latest one, an not the default that comes with the game...I hope this makes some sense.

And another question: you have said that rosters are stored in the HDD if you are offline, can you find exactly where the .ROS is located on the HDD?

sean im going to let you in on some bad news.

hex editing is the reasoning behind this because hex editing is illegal to the minds of the games copyright holders and nba.

leftos LEFT to explain everything for them and in a way mad eit so that clod saving is the only way for us to save now. put bluntly. they do not trust us. editing tools are not supposed to be used on these game to make rosters though over the years last two to be more specific hex editng had become the NORM for roster editors here and it really has shone a bad light on us as editors.

If it werent for hex editing we'd be able to save to the hd

Because of it we can not
Old 11-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #23
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, this thread seemed necessary, as there was plenty of confusion going around.

As far as using a Custom Roster when you're offline, you CAN do so, but it's one that YOU edit yourself. When the 2K servers weren't working for me (I had no NBA Today option), I was messing around with the Roster, and made some playbook changes, as well as some minor player edits (including going through all the big men and reversing the Pick and Roll vs. Fade Tendency, as it's backwards by default). They all saved fine, as I used this same roster over a few days.

Once the Servers came up (and NBA Today finally made it's first appearance), all of the edits I did disappeared, and I had to go in and do it all again.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

I know Tomba, but if you are offline you still can save your rosters, if can be saved it has to be on the HDD, so .ROS files gotta be somewhere. If we'll be able to extract ir edit 'em is a different story...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »