Home

Crowd noise sporadic on xb1 version connected to surround sound

This is a discussion on Crowd noise sporadic on xb1 version connected to surround sound within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Crowd noise sporadic on xb1 version connected to surround sound

So I searched and not sure anyone addressed this but when there is crowd noise in games it fades in and out when the announcers are talking especially after making a basket if you are home.... Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Crowd noise sporadic on xb1 version connected to surround sound

This is extremely annoying. Also, the center channel doesn't work, which I think is the cause. The voices are coming through the front L/R speakers the same as the crowd, so it lowers the crowd noise before the announcers talk. If anyone has a fix, please let me know. I know it's not my system as the center channel works fine when I play the XB1 commercial (the one that shows when you first boot up).

Last edited by kilmar1; 11-26-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I have the same problem and as I said, the game was fine when it was installing and you were limited in play and no announcers, audio was fantastic!
Now it's killing me cause it does sound so glitchy, notice when there's a hard foul, or guys fall on the floor you'll hear them grunt with like a 6-7 seconds delay, sometimes more...

I hope they are hard at work on a patch that fixes all these issues.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

The Xbox version of this game has always had this sound channeling issue, which is why I normally buy this game on PS3 in the past. But I seriously thought that 2k would fix this since Xbox One natively outputs DTS rather Dolby D. I previously thought that it was an Xbox 360 issue since it output Dolby D. I'm not sure who's issue it is this next generation. Either way 2k needs to release a sound patch. This game is good, but buggy as hell.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

This issue is not just an Xbox problem. I have the game for the PS4 and the sound is mostly static through my surround sound system which is hooked up through an optical cable. Not even playable, sound wise. Sound is fine through my Astro 50 headset though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have the same problem. This also happened with 2k13 on the 360 for me. Very annoying. I have to switch my AVR to output 'stereo' instead of surround for it to be bearable.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
This issue is not just an Xbox problem. I have the game for the PS4 and the sound is mostly static through my surround sound system which is hooked up through an optical cable. Not even playable, sound wise. Sound is fine through my Astro 50 headset though.
What they're talking about is a completely different issue on Xbox. What you're referring to is the static Dolby sound glitch that as far as I know is exclusively on PS4.

What they're taking about isn't the sound getting choppy, but rather the when the commentators talk the crowd gets ridiculously quite and the moment that they stop talking the crowd returns to a normal level.

What's REALLY strange is that you can turn the commentators off in the sound settings and the sound of the crowd still will temporarily turn down as if the commentators where still talking during game.

This issue is exclusive to Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of the game. I know the issue well from my days with 360. I'm now on PS4 to avoid this and many of Xbox's issues with color and gamma.

By the way your A50's SHOULD NOT work if you have them set up PROPERLY, and if you don't have them set up properly you could potentially damage them.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 11-26-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Ps4 does it too

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »