Home

points in the paint?

This is a discussion on points in the paint? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #25
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: points in the paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
As far as points in the paint, what is bothering me is the actual gameplay that the CPU seems to try to force there way in the paint alot or zip a pass in the paint whenever they can instead of running there offense or going to the main scorer on the team. It seems alot of defenders will sag of there man in the paint also allowing for the CPU to zip a pass to the player in the paint. Also have noticed that alot of teams pg's will force there way in the paint and throw up a bad shot instead of running the offense. Not sure if its possible but I would like for a way for my defenders to sag of the pg a little and play tighter on the big men in the paint to possibly help this but with the POE feature I'm not sure it is possible since individual defensive assignments are not in the game anymore.
Exactly this!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #26
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I was the 76ers in this game, all star, simulation sliders. I got my *** kicked, and the Mavs put up a ton of points on me, but I held them to 40 PIP..

Should have been less, but they got a few ridiculous offensive board put backs. This is just one example of how you can prevent the CPU from scoring the insane amount of points down low you guys are experiencing

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #27
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

And you did that with the 76ers who have no bigs..wow im amazed
Old 11-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
And you did that with the 76ers who have no bigs..wow im amazed
Lol I told you it's possible, man. That's why I wanted to see you guys play. I'm online right now if you wanna give it a whirl

Old 11-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #29
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Lol I told you it's possible, man. That's why I wanted to see you guys play. I'm online right now if you wanna give it a whirl

how would i invite you to a game?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

So has anyone found a realistic slider solution to this issue, or is at as I believe a combination of the CPU A.I. just trying to force there way in the paint and also the case of me and others just maynot being playing good enough defense? I still believe it is a gameplay issue, because I've seen the CPU A.I. on various teams run the same 2 or 3 plays over and over, or also try to just zip passes in the paint or the pg will just force there way in the paint. Here is a quote from member - (Stillfeelme) that I liked kind of touches on the points in the paint issue also -

I know this game inside and out played a ton of games on current gen and next gen. Right now current gen plays slightly better than next gen to me by a few. This game does not play that well against a CPU opponent head to head. I am not a myplayer guy so I can't vouch for that but they need to seriously address on ball defense, warping, slippery sliding by the CPU

warping is a big problem in this game you can not play realistic defense as soon as you try to get up on the CPU they will warp through you via the pass or their body to get where they need to be or the ball goes through you. Bring a double team warp, warp, and more more warping. They pass out of the double team ball warp.
  • Passing by the CPU into the paint is so unrealistic again warping, warping and more warping to get easy bucket. The angles of the pass again too many passes getting to where they shouldn't way too easy to pass in the paint. The passing success rates are way way too high in the paint. These are passes that shouldn't even be made and connected. My teammates are playing what kind of defense?
  • CPU teammate awareness is nowhere to be found for passes in the paint. It is like the game is coded to take away any "reasonable" smart teammate logic. These are NBA players but my teammates play like mindless drones. I did a couple back to back games. I played as Indy and then let the CPU play as Indy it is a night and day difference between what the CPU does vs. my team. All-star sim settings. I don't know what is going on with the game.
  • CPU awareness is too high for every loose ball it is so ridiculous. Why did they program the CPU to get so many loose balls there is nothing "live" about the loose ball. The CPU knows where it is going way before you can move.
  • Lobs are happening in congested lanes with close proximity again by the CPU again these are scripted.
  • Scripted rebounding to the point your man will not jump so that the higher rated CPU guy can get the rebound. Please give me control of my man dev's. I am not in control for too many of the rebounds.
  • Hands up being negated by passes meaning my guy will sort of move out the way, slid out of the way to let the passes be completed.
On ball defense doesn't impact the ball handler the way it should be. The dribbling is independent of defense which is a bad idea. Meaning the CPU can perform way too many moves in situations that the really should not be even thinking about. They need way more contact detection for moves in the post and double teams.

The game is a beautiful next gen game but, it does have some gameplay issues when you start removing the layers of the game.

Last edited by STLRams; 11-27-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So has anyone found a realistic slider solution to this issue, or is at as I believe a combination of the CPU A.I. just trying to force there way in the paint and also the case of me and others just maynot being playing good enough defense? I still believe it is a gameplay issue, because I've seen the CPU A.I. on various teams run the same 2 or 3 plays over and over, or also try to just zip passes in the paint or the pg will just force there way in the paint. Here is a quote from member - (Stillfeelme) that I liked kind of touches on the points in the paint issue also -

I know this game inside and out played a ton of games on current gen and next gen. Right now current gen plays slightly better than next gen to me by a few. This game does not play that well against a CPU opponent head to head. I am not a myplayer guy so I can't vouch for that but they need to seriously address on ball defense, warping, slippery sliding by the CPU

warping is a big problem in this game you can not play realistic defense as soon as you try to get up on the CPU they will warp through you via the pass or their body to get where they need to be or the ball goes through you. Bring a double team warp, warp, and more more warping. They pass out of the double team ball warp.
  • Passing by the CPU into the paint is so unrealistic again warping, warping and more warping to get easy bucket. The angles of the pass again too many passes getting to where they shouldn't way too easy to pass in the paint. The passing success rates are way way too high in the paint. These are passes that shouldn't even be made and connected. My teammates are playing what kind of defense?
  • CPU teammate awareness is nowhere to be found for passes in the paint. It is like the game is coded to take away any "reasonable" smart teammate logic. These are NBA players but my teammates play like mindless drones. I did a couple back to back games. I played as Indy and then let the CPU play as Indy it is a night and day difference between what the CPU does vs. my team. All-star sim settings. I don't know what is going on with the game.
  • CPU awareness is too high for every loose ball it is so ridiculous. Why did they program the CPU to get so many loose balls there is nothing "live" about the loose ball. The CPU knows where it is going way before you can move.
  • Lobs are happening in congested lanes with close proximity again by the CPU again these are scripted.
  • Scripted rebounding to the point your man will not jump so that the higher rated CPU guy can get the rebound. Please give me control of my man dev's. I am not in control for too many of the rebounds.
  • Hands up being negated by passes meaning my guy will sort of move out the way, slid out of the way to let the passes be completed.
On ball defense doesn't impact the ball handler the way it should be. The dribbling is independent of defense which is a bad idea. Meaning the CPU can perform way too many moves in situations that the really should not be even thinking about. They need way more contact detection for moves in the post and double teams.

The game is a beautiful next gen game but, it does have some gameplay issues when you start removing the layers of the game.
If you check the sliders forum, you will see that my sliders have somewhat helped the problem. I am giving up an average of 45 Pitp to the CPU compared to the league average of 40. This is on All-Star playing 12 min qtrs. Not perfect, but close. However, this is just for me, and I honestly think the way u play defense has a ton to do with it. Honestly, I don't think we will ever see completely realistic PitP by the CPU because the CPU has been hard coded to look for the inside pass in the paint. Its good fundamental basketball at its core, however the way its implemented in 2k is a bit cheesy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

On All-Star, Sim settings, I'm allowing 35-40 PIP per game, I believe that's the NBA average so i'm not really seeing a problem with the numbers i'm giving up.

The problem i'm seeing is how the CPU gets these points. If you're not really good at defense, or have a smaller team on the inside, the CPU will do whatever they can to get into the paint, even in an unrealistic manner.

PG's and SG's doing all kind of twitchy moves, to somehow swerve around your entire team packed in the paint, throwing up a random floater that goes on, or getting all these nonsense shots off contact needs to go.

Offensive rebounding needs to be tuned A LOT. Most of those 40 PIP i'm giving up, comes off of unrealistic OREB and loose ball pickups.

Now, this doesn't happen all game, because if it did i'd be giving up a lot more than 40 PIP on regular sim settings with no adjustments. I just think guys need to look at how they're playing D. I don't want to assume what you guys are doing and tell you what to change, because I don't know, but allowing that many PIP, especially on the pro setting, that isn't a game problem, that's a defense problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »