Home

points in the paint?

This is a discussion on points in the paint? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #57
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: points in the paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

I'll post this again, it's very possible to hold the CPU to low pip. I've given advice, as has mike wang in this thread. Make adjustments, practice, you can get better

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

When the shooting is 50 to 60 percent from three point land like your box score then that is not a advantagous alternative to prevent pip. Your box score is fine as long as teams dont consistently have an efg over 60 to 66 percent. However, when the choice is 70 pip or giving up 10 to 15 threes a game at a 50 percent clip its not a good look.

Once three point shooting becomes more realistic the pip problem disappears.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #58
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
When the shooting is 50 to 60 percent from three point land like your box score then that is not a advantagous alternative to prevent pip. Your box score is fine as long as teams dont consistently have an efg over 60 to 66 percent. However, when the choice is 70 pip or giving up 10 to 15 threes a game at a 50 percent clip its not a good look.

I look at his 3pt % and it looks like he just packs it inside the paint and lets them shoot the 3's that's really not a solution to this whole thing
Old 11-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #59
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob

Definitely an anamoly, most of those three point shots were from Steph Curry, no matter what he put up, went in.

I've never had a guy shoot from deep like he did against me.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #60
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yeah it is but your stats are misleading you are playing on 10 minute quarters by your screen shots and you already have like 110 points. If I had to guess you would give up like 120 points on a 12 minute quarters. I play on 12 minute quarters and get around 40-50~ points in the paint. So you you missing out on 8 minutes of gameplay which is plenty of scoring which will bring you up to about 50 points in the paint if not higher. That is not bad but your overall scoring would be much higher.

My problem is how when you get aggressive with the CPU on ball defense warping occurs. Bring a double team on a dribbler warping comes. The CPU passes the ball and none of my teammates are aware it is obviously done to make them better than me but it is inflating all the points in the paint towards the CPU by me playing realistic defense. I would say I should have 20 plus steals or multiple deflected balls going out of bounds just by the type of passes the CPU throws by my defense.

Rebounding, I will just say rebounding is bad again the better the other team is at rebounding the worse it gets. What I see on constant rebound attempts especially offense is the CPU will sometimes just stick out their hand to get a rebound while I am jumping with no attempt at grabbing the ball or the input lag where my guy will jump but will jump late.

Blocking is ok probably too high but there are way, I mean way too many blocks that go right back to the offense. The problem is the loose ball awareness is slanted so far to the CPU that they react way, way to fast to any and every loose ball cutting down on most of the TO's
I didn't even notice i assumed we were all on 12 mins here..well if he is on 10 mins then that's a completely different thing all together
Old 11-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #61
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

points in the paint?

Double post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #62
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

points in the paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
I didn't even notice i assumed we were all on 12 mins here..well if he is on 10 mins then that's a completely different thing all together
Even if I was on 12 minutes, I wouldn't be giving up 60-80 pip, that's still a certainty.

I've found that playing on 10 mins gives you the most realism out of this game

Old 11-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #63
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Even if I was on 12 minutes, I wouldn't be giving up 60-80 pip in the paint, that's still a certainty

You pretty much give up 40-50 now add that 8 mins it's 5-10 points inside more at least
Old 11-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #64
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
You pretty much give up 40-50 now add that 8 mins it's 5-10 points inside more at least
I've never given up more than 50 points in the paint more than once. It happened once, and it was 52.

I guarantee I would not give up more than that, even on 12 min. I'll play a few 12 min games later when I get home

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »