Home

points in the paint?

This is a discussion on points in the paint? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #65
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: points in the paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I've never given up more than 50 points in the paint more than once. It happened once, and it was 52.

I guarantee I would not give up more than that, even on 12 min. I'll play a few 12 min games later when I get home

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
That's fine

Im not a great defensive player as i said plenty of times on here but when i see the constant CPU forcing itself inside the paint even with a lot of contact and still making the shot it's a problem not with the user's defense but with the game.

More then a few on OS here have the problem i doubt they're bad defensively im sure people know what they're doing

This wasn't a problem on CG where you had the Sag off , play tight , deny ball ect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #66
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
That's fine

Im not a great defensive player as i said plenty of times on here but when i see the constant CPU forcing itself inside the paint even with a lot of contact and still making the shot it's a problem not with the user's defense but with the game.

More then a few on OS here have the problem i doubt they're bad defensively im sure people know what they're doing

This wasn't a problem on CG where you had the Sag off , play tight , deny ball ect
Oh I agree, I've said plenty of times the way the CPU sometimes forces the issue is ridiculous and unrealistic. It's all about knowing how to defend it.

Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. I guess I just found that sweet spot. I would never accuse anyone of being a bad gamer, or not knowing what they're doing.

It's just knowing how to adjust to when the computer tries that kinda stuff

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
That's fine

Bro if you're playing vs the CPU adjust contact shot success and the defense slider on difficulty for gather and release.

The initial defense is to stop the penetration and force the CPU to shoot a forced jumper due to the shot clock. You already posted you aren't a great defender. So the problem isn't the game but more so that a majority of players can't deny the drive and expect the CPU to just settle for a jumper regardless. IMO when you shut down the drive and have a dominant paint game the CPU begins to use the jumper at a higher frequency.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #68
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Bro if you're playing vs the CPU adjust contact shot success and the defense slider on difficulty for gather and release.

The initial defense is to stop the penetration and force the CPU to shoot a forced jumper due to the shot clock. You already posted you aren't a great defender. So the problem isn't the game but more so that a majority of players can't deny the drive and expect the CPU to just settle for a jumper regardless. IMO when you shut down the drive and have a dominant paint game the CPU begins to use the jumper at a higher frequency.
Yes i am not a great defender im okay probably at best now but there is people on here that are pretty good and have the same problem
Old 11-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #69
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yes i am not a great defender im okay probably at best now but there is people on here that are pretty good and have the same problem
You don't sound like you're willing to try anything for a solution.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #70
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekferio
You don't sound like you're willing to try anything for a solution.
i tried the tips on here and some work but its against lesser teams
Old 11-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #71
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

It very annoying trying to defend the CPU in the paint. For one the cpu can dribble for days even go into that animation where it looks like they're losing control only to make a shot or pass a dime to a player in the key. Another thing Rebounding, not sure if it's just me but then I press the button to jump my player just stands there allowing the cpu the board. very cheese like. If only they found a way to tie in physical movements on the court to your fatigue levels, hence if I'm fresh of the bench I would be jumping for rebounds more frequently and If I'm dead tired my movement would be limited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 2

So played other game yesterday and gave up 78 points in the paint to the bulls again on simulation pro. I fell like there are sever reason why this is a problem.
1. It is to hard to stay in front of guys they are alrease getting right passed me witch leads to easy drives to the hope and also because of that to often when I try to come over to help some one cuts to the hope for a layup off a pass.
2. The computer is to good at layups while I fell like the user misses more layups then the computer.
3. Rebounding the computer in most of my games gets like 19 offisive rebounds while I only get like 9.
4. the last one I fell like to often one of my teammates will try to come over and help when they don't really need to and to often guys are just out of postion on the court when trying to play deffisve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »