Home

Let's talk PoE..

This is a discussion on Let's talk PoE.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

Fadez8_6's Arena

OVR: 0
Arrow Let's talk PoE..

I know most of us are butthurt about the defensive settings. But i'm noticing some things about PoEs that aren't so bad. Most of the choices are self explanitory. Anybody for sure about what "Create Chaos" handles on defense? I noticed that when i did switch that as my flex, Steve Kerr pointed out "there's a lot of trapping happening here in the half court after that adjustment". I see some double teams but not really on who i wanted to be doubled. I'm curious to hear from maybe a developer on what that key PoE executes.

Sidebar:
The more i play, obviously, the more comfortable i'm becoming with these PoEs. Combined with each personal guard setting, it's not so bad. Not to say less is more but, i'm adapting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Re: Let's talk PoE..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadez8_6
I know most of us are butthurt about the defensive settings. But i'm noticing some things about PoEs that aren't so bad. Most of the choices are self explanitory. Anybody for sure about what "Create Chaos" handles on defense? I noticed that when i did switch that as my flex, Steve Kerr pointed out "there's a lot of trapping happening here in the half court after that adjustment". I see some double teams but not really on who i wanted to be doubled. I'm curious to hear from maybe a developer on what that key PoE executes.

Sidebar:
The more i play, obviously, the more comfortable i'm becoming with these PoEs. Combined with each personal guard setting, it's not so bad. Not to say less is more but, i'm adapting.
I'm not a dev, but I used to play college ball… and we ran 'Create Chaos' whenever we needed to create a late-game turnover on defense.

Chaos had no real agenda.

It's not really a 'pure zone', and it's not purely 'man-to-man' either.
It's a bit of BOTH, and involves lots of pressing, trapping & double(or triple)-teaming.

Plus, Chaos was a defensive scheme we would use sparingly, (only for like 1 or 2 possessions at a time, late-game). With all the full-court pressing, trapping, and double-teaming… our team got tired ALOT faster than normal. (So I suspect it increases player fatigue rates on 2K14)

However, a good team can still beat the Chaos & traps with good ball movement for easy scores, to make you pay.

Perhaps a dev, or someone else will confirm or deny this.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I noticed that with Create Chaos, my players doubled every screen, doubled in the corners, and played in passing lanes. Its kind of a nice POE to use right out of the gate for a couple possessions to punch your opponent in the mouth, but a methodical player would easily pick you apart.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I noticed that with Create Chaos, my players doubled every screen, doubled in the corners, and played in passing lanes. Its kind of a nice POE to use right out of the gate for a couple possessions to punch your opponent in the mouth, but a methodical player would easily pick you apart.
Agreed. Exactly.
Same as in 'real life'.

Back in college, the teams who 'kept their poise'... got easy baskets on us.

But the teams who tried to 'run-n-gun' their way through our chaos, committed turnovers left & right.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

TerminallyOdd's Arena

OVR: 1

If I set my Offense PoE to Pick and Roll, should I expect my big man to come up and set a pick every time I'm bringing the ball up?...cause he doesn't seem to be doing that. I have to manually call for a pick. Or is this PoE just telling my AI teammates to expect that I'll be calling for a pick often?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminallyOdd
If I set my Offense PoE to Pick and Roll, should I expect my big man to come up and set a pick every time I'm bringing the ball up?...cause he doesn't seem to be doing that. I have to manually call for a pick. Or is this PoE just telling my AI teammates to expect that I'll be calling for a pick often?
PnR basically makes your team call more pick and roll plays when you hit the Smart Play button.

Sent from the Laboratory at SimNation Headquarters using Tapatalk
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »