Home

VC ratio is ridiculous.

This is a discussion on VC ratio is ridiculous. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: VC ratio is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
That's fine, but know that people like you are contributing to the growth of micro transactions in games that we already pay full price for. Whether you intend to or not. Ideally, every game mode should be enjoyable for people who have limited time and don't want to spend a single penny.
Damn, I'm so sorry that I'm contributing to your suffering. I'm going to hang myself now so that I don't make anyone else suffer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
VC ratio is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
Give me a break, what I meant is I've spent $20-$40 each year SINCE the implementation of VC. You also make it seem like I'm the only person who buys VC. I work 9-5, Mon-Fri so I do not have time to grind for VC. If spending a few bucks is going to let me enjoy a game a little more, give MyPlayer better attributes and all the other fixings, I'm going for it.
That's funny, cause lots of my friends work a 9-5 and they can build a good myTeam and a 90 overall myCareer in a week or two.

"There's no time?" Lol, funny. It's easy to earn VC but the pricing and perspective of how much something cost is embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by South318
That's exactly why VC will not go away. People who are calling the shots are non-basketball and out of touch with reality, essentially losing their core fan base.

With people who are out of touch, seeing is believing. They don't care what people say or complain about, they want to see it. So, the sales of NBA 2k would have to drop drastically and I doubt that will happen.
I think you are correct. I have a hard time believing the creative minds of NBA 2K could listen to ideas regarding VC & other aspects and conclude, "Yes, this is what's best for our simulation basketball product." A lot of these additions do not feel like artists making artistic decisions.

Rather, as you said, it feels like they're coming from another, more business-driven corner and again, like you said, I believe that's going to very seriously affect their core fan base.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #44
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Spending a little cash for some VC won't hurt my pockets either. I refrain from doing so because I don't believe that I should have to spend a penny to fully experience a game that I already spent $60 on to own.

I don't think we "have to accept" anything. Micro transactions are a disgrace to gaming. I respect your honesty, but I hope other gamers realize that this VC thing and micro transactions in general will only get WORSE if we don't voice our opinions.
AGREED, Micro transactions ruin the fun it's not the money it's the principal it used to be you beat the game and you unlock secret levels or something fun like that. Now it's just SCREW YOU GIVE US MONEY
Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #45
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Hmm. I think VC awarded is much more appropriate compared to current gen. But I'm speaking specifically of what is awarded in MyCareer.

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Last edited by shegotgame; 11-29-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 9

Getting the trophies for MyTEAM collections without buying VC seems like it would take about a gajillion hours of play time.

It's completely and utterly ridiculous.

I will not reward this model by buying VC. But I will certainly be angry about it and complain.

All of you who are buying VC, are providing the exact reasons to 2K why they will never get rid of VC. Every dollar spent on VC is pure profit.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 1
VC ratio is ridiculous.

Moved. 10char

Last edited by Sundown; 11-29-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's fine, but know that people like you are contributing to the growth of micro transactions in games that we already pay full price for. Whether you intend to or not. Ideally, every game mode should be enjoyable for people who have limited time and don't want to spend a single penny.
You know... You're completely right. The only thing is if I didn't do it they're many others that still will spend money on VC. Every game mode should be enjoyable though you're right. I was playing myGM mode last night and I couldn't even send players I drafted to training camp cause I didn't have enough VC and that made the coach upset. **** was like 1200 just for big man offense camp. It is ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »