Home

VC ratio is ridiculous.

This is a discussion on VC ratio is ridiculous. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: VC ratio is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Then the game design is working as planned.
Depressing, isn't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0

The biggest problem is with MyTeam, that mode is near unplayable without buying VC. It takes over 40 6 min games just to buy a gold pack that's just insane, not to mention you need the VC for the other modes as well.

You guys can hate on EA all you want but ultimateteam isn't even close to being that much of a rip off, sales tax and all
Old 12-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #67
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Depressing, isn't it?
Im not completely against the idea of VC but the implementation of it seems wrong.

if VC existed to enhance my 2K experience which in fairness it has somewhat, I would be fine with it. I like that it gives me the "just one more game to get that dunk package" feeling.

Unfortunatly it feels more like a money grab than anything. Everything in this game costs VC and alot of it way too much. I feel like next year they might make it cost 1000 VC to pause the game to take a leak the way things are going.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #68
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Lol thats so sad. VC, if implemented as a bonus and not needed for basic things, wouldn't be a bad option to have. Option being the key word.

The way the game is actually structured if you want to progress in any kind if realistic way you have to buy VC. It's pay to win and it's completely pathetic.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Im not completely against the idea of VC but the implementation of it seems wrong.

if VC existed to enhance my 2K experience which in fairness it has somewhat, I would be fine with it. I like that it gives me the "just one more game to get that dunk package" feeling.

Unfortunatly it feels more like a money grab than anything. Everything in this game costs VC and alot of it way too much. I feel like next year they might make it cost 1000 VC to pause the game to take a leak the way things are going.
I'm with you here. Unfortunately, it's far enough in the other direction for me to say, "This... really isn't worth it."
Old 12-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Lol thats so sad. VC, if implemented as a bonus and not needed for basic things, wouldn't be a bad option to have. Option being the key word.

The way the game is actually structured if you want to progress in any kind if realistic way you have to buy VC. It's pay to win and it's completely pathetic.
I agree. Like it's ok for clothes, equipment and obviously leveling up to cost VC. The clothes are overpriced but I understand why it is now costing VC. What they messed up to me was the need for VC in myGM. Why do I need 1000 VC to tell a player with a low morale that I have his back or whatever so I don't need to trade him. Even if I had the VC the cost of everything else in the game has me hold off on spending it in this such way over using it to level up mycareer or buy clothes or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #71
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Went to just try out some one vs one blacktop matches and they charged again just to unlock the star players. Its ridiculous...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #72
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I believe it'd be interesting to see how many man hours it'd take for gamers to achieve and attain in each given mode of 2K14. Even in 2K13's MyPlayer, I didn't feel there'd be enough time in the day for me to gain the freedom that'd come with being able to outfit my personal player in any on-court accessories I desired while still improving as a player, let alone earning enough to alter my shot, gain the ability to add some dunk packages, or buy an adidas Houston Rockets t-shirt (for more than my yearly salary).
It's seems like its set now to where if you don't buy VC you have to decide which mode you want to put the most effort to progress in because it would be really hard doing so for all 3 of the main modes that VC is used for which is just ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »