Home

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

This is a discussion on Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Don't know why people brag about playing on HOF its actually not hard to win on
Not bragging about HOF, stating that if you play on HOF you can't complain about the CPU playing more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #82
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I wish 2k could make HOF realistically more difficult rather than just raising the opposing teams ratings. Thats not authentic at all.

I also hate with the CPU forces its way to the cup. Usually in real life, when people are cut off on the way to the hoop, they bring it back out and reset. But the CPU just keeps pushing and pushing and pushing until you are out of position. That ridiculous to watch.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 12-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #83
Just started!

OVR: 0

If you re-install nba 2k14, and disable the internet. After install, do you enable or connect back to the internet? Also does anyone know if they will implement the coaching profiles and individual settings such as on ball, hedge, etc. back into the game itself? Or should we just use someones slider settings to play a realistic game? I thought this was next-gen, why can't they just program a patch quickly? who needs to be contacted? Help me out folks! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #84
Just started!

OVR: 0

to go with the cheese that is NBA 2K all the time in My Career and MyGM I'll be in perfect position for a Offensive rebound Box Out the defender etc sometimes on Def boards too, and I'll it Y/Tri to Jump and my player will just move out of the way do nothing the computer gets the board and to add insult to injury sometimes my player will jump randomly when the computer is advancing the ball
Old 12-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #85
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

To add to that, I'll hit the button to jump, and for whatever reason, I'll jump out of bounds, get caught in the "Grabbing the basket support post" animation, taking my defender out of position for 3-5 seconds. If that doesn't give them enough time, upon leaving the basket support, it'll send me over to the mop boy for another few second delay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #86
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
To add to that, I'll hit the button to jump, and for whatever reason, I'll jump out of bounds, get caught in the "Grabbing the basket support post" animation, taking my defender out of position for 3-5 seconds. If that doesn't give them enough time, upon leaving the basket support, it'll send me over to the mop boy for another few second delay.
There are ALOT of dumb animations that your player goes into to allow the CPU to catch up! If not driving to the basket...or pump faking only to see your player go into a side dribble..lol

Then there's the catch the rebound and before you dribble ALL CPU players are already in the back court
Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
This is especially egregious. I just don't think a game should have to cheat so much to be competitive and good. Why create a new engine if the cheating is even worse. This tells me there is no true basketball AI under the hood, and that they have not done anything to make the game play smarter. It seems the new engine, Eco-Motion, is just about graphics and no in depth basketball play.

I hate to say what I am about to say because it is blasphemous, so please forgive me. I never thought I'd say this but: if NBA Live was on par with 2k, I would give it a shot this year. This is how frustrated I am with a game that simply cheats to win or be competitive.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #88
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Wow, did not realize it is to this extent for so many people.

How can we get 2ks attention regarding this and have them make some changes?

I also forgot to mention rebounds. I could have my entire team in position, the lone CPU player - shorter - will rebound it. My player typically jumps for the rebound only when he is clearly out of position to get the rebound and a CPU player will get it. If he is in position to get the rebound, he will not jump and will do his best to allow the CPU to get it.

I, for one, wonder how that conversation goes:

2k Dev 1: Did we decide on how to cut down human fast breaks?
2k Dev 2: Yeah, they said we need to reduce human passing ability on the break, and make the human player do extra animations if they have a clear path to the basket.
2k Dev 1: Oh, ok, I'll get right on it.
2k Dev 2: Yeah, after you do that, I need to add the code to make them run back to half court if they are receiving a pass by the 3-point line and they are open.
2k Dev 3: Sorry to interrupt guys, but come greet our new RATINGS GURU!!

Seriously though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
5) At times, when passing to someone moving away from you and they are by the 3-point line, the developers force that player to move quickly almost to half court to make sure that they are out of position for a shot.
This, every damn time! The new wrinkle they added to this - in the corners, the shooter's foot will be on the line, even if he's been camping in the corner the whole possession. It seems like at least half the time instead of 3 points I get 2 if the shot is made from a corner.

****ing unbelievable. Lou Williams just bounced a wide open 3 point shot from the corner off the side of the backboard. Are you ****ING kidding me, 2K? What a joke. Then late in teh game, Ty Lawson becomes an ankle breaking unstoppable force, and I'm unable to get any steals on him even though hes throwing the ball around everywhere. This results in easy buckets for him. Then, on a key possession late in the game and down 3, I simply pass the ball to Korver, from a few feet away, and he totally botches the catch and it goes out of bounds, to his apparent amazement. Then down 2 with my last possession in the game, I see Horford with Lawson on him in the paint, so naturally I pass it to him - Teague elects to throw it to Lawson instead of up high where Horford can easily snatch it and put it in the basket. After that, the last few seconds tick off while my players refuse to intentionally foul.

This **** is ****ing infuriating when it happens in game. We had a good game going for the majority of the game - enough to make me overlook the awful lack of off ball movement on offense by the AI, and horrific rollerskating with my controlled player on offense and defense. They started off fast, I had a huge 2nd quarter and from there it was neck and neck. I figured since I'm on pro I'm in for a good finish. Nope. I was in for a good ole fashioned helping of cheese wheel with liquefied bull**** to wash it down with.

Last edited by FedExPope; 12-04-2013 at 04:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »