Home

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

This is a discussion on Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #97
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer

But here, WTF literally posted two videos and was like "yo, if this isn't proof, I don't know what is."
Yep, that's exactly what I said, and how I said it.

And I have only played a couple of games of 2k over the past few years, so I have a small sample size. This isn't just 2K14. It is every 2k game at least since 2k11. I can't recall a lot of 2k10/2k9.

But I digress, I'm the only one who see's it. It just happens at times that they "need" a bucket. It's not like it's under a microscope because it's the last few minutes, but if you're happy with it, then more power to you and your poker skills. I'll just go play with another deck of cards.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #98
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Man, I genuinely hate this game. It's nothing but a spam the paint cheese fest from the computer.

wtf happened to pre-patch, launch day gameplay? What possessed them to change so much for absolutely no reason? The game was receiving such praise for it's great gameplay, now it's literally hot garbage.

Good luck having the CPU teams actually run sets. It's nothing but the CPU PG or SG spamming and twitching into the paint, scoring a contested layup, or passing the ball through two of your guys to a mysteriously wide open big man right underneath. Oh, and if he misses, believe he's getting his own rebound or a putback.

Screw this game.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
Internet poker aside, there are absolutely scripted moments in 2k14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It just happens at times that they "need" a bucket.
Well, I tried.

(hadlowe, what you said about rebounding actually sounded plausible/reasonable, but I'm not sure how it relates to the idea of something being "scripted")
Old 12-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I wish 2k could make HOF realistically more difficult rather than just raising the opposing teams ratings. Thats not authentic at all.
For HOF, instead of attribute boosts of HOF, they should just have the boosts of Superstar combined with 100% live ball, no forcefields on the baseline/sideline and the slider of FT difficulty fixed at 100. It should be a completely hardcore mode. Then, people will know whether they still want to play on HOF or not.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #101
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
Internet poker aside, there are absolutely scripted moments in 2k14.
Do you work for VC? No? Then you have NO idea whether or not there is any scripting in the game. Don't post your perception as fact.

Quote:
Multiple times per game, I will watch the CPU move to the baseline just outside the key 2-3 seconds before a teammate launches a shot. Why? Because you cannot box out somebody under the basket for some reason. The CPU knows where the rebound is going before the shooter begins a shot.
Uh... False. Again; did you write that code or something?

Quote:
That said, most of the cheese I see is in the nature of artificial stat boosts to the CPU.
Agreed. I'm willing to bet every sports video game does this.

Quote:
It's why Jose Calderon can outrebound Andre Drummond and the CPU always reacts to loose balls 1000% faster than your CPU controlled teammates. It's why sliders exist in the fist place, and why it is completely stupid that they still haven't added them to MyPlayer even after 5 years.
And then you go crazy again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #102
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

The CPU recovers 95% of loose balls. I block a ball; goes out of bounds. They block straight to a teammate or THEMSELF.

Now Ive noticed the ref will simply give them calls. Mayo blocked my lay-up attempt out of bounds and was given the ball.

Also on 3 occasions Ive been in the penalty, got fouled and no FTs, just a side ball.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #103
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

The cheese has just killed this game for me. Played since 2K4, just gave the game away tonight. Bricked 4 FTs with Durant (FTs set to real player %), I press block and Ibaka takes a second before he jumps which gives Lawson enough time to lay it in, then Lawson somehow snags a rebound amongst Ibaka, Perkins and Durant.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #104
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
For HOF, instead of attribute boosts of HOF, they should just have the boosts of Superstar combined with 100% live ball, no forcefields on the baseline/sideline and the slider of FT difficulty fixed at 100. It should be a completely hardcore mode. Then, people will know whether they still want to play on HOF or not.
Sounds like my dream bball game but it sounds like a completely new game mode and we all know how 2k is with new modes.

But add it to the wishlist anyway because a hardcore mode would be just awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »