Home

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

This is a discussion on Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #169
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Block recovery and CPU offensive rebounds are problems with this game. These videos document the issues precisely and one can only hope Developement sees these and correct the problem going forward.

But, can one make a case this happens more or less due to in-game circumstance? That say, for example, these things happen more when the human is winning? More in the 4th? More during a losing streak?

Sure. That might be able to be proven. But it would need to be well tracked and documented and no one expects anyone to put that kind of time in.

That said, these videos are great examples of issues with the game but totally unrelated to comeback AI. So may I ask, and I may be wrong, how are these videos relevant to the topic at hand in their current state?
You're new to the series, and it's fine if you're enjoying the game. The thread is about CPU Cheese & Cheating. Your definition may differ from mine, or any of the other posters within this thread on what constitutes cheese and/or cheating.

The videos are relevant because it's blatant cheese, in my opinion, to get a block only to have the CPU defender recover the ball (after the defense just fails to grab it) and end up getting the score. It's a cheesy way to keep a game close. CPU need an offensive rebound to get an extra chance to score? Block out, bang down low, get a real offensive rebound. Instead, the game decides that your Center should stand flat footed and watch as the rebound goes over his head, between the grasps of two other defensive rebounders, and gives the ball to the offensive player who comes from out of nowhere.

If it's a legit offensive rebound, great. But the tactics that the CPU use to get these rebounds, or extra possessions grow old over a number of years.

Again, it's fine to have your opinion, just as I have mine. You aren't sitting in my living room, or probably any other living room to say what we are or are not seeing. Just be content with the fact that you are enjoying the game and aren't seeing things the same way we are.

If you don't see Wolters in the "bad pass" clip above firmly have control of the ball for a second, prior to Beverly deciding that he was going to begin dribbling up the floor on a fast break attempt, then I don't know. It's not a poor animation in my eyes. At the 5 second mark, he has it in his left hand. The game however has Beverly take it in a full dribble to start the fast break. It's a predetermined outcome. Again, this is how I see it.

I'm not convincing anyone of anything, just documenting what I see. For what it's worth, all of these videos were taken in the first quarter alone of the game. There were several more instances of the game pushing my defender WAY out of the play in order to get to the hoop, but unfortunately, the PS4 upload speeds are extremely slow, cutting my internet connection to a crawl.

The other videos I posted earlier in the thread, document my experience extremely well from my point of view.

Just be happy that you're happy with the game and the challenge it presents.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #170
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You're new to the series, and it's fine if you're enjoying the game. The thread is about CPU Cheese & Cheating. Your definition may differ from mine, or any of the other posters within this thread on what constitutes cheese and/or cheating.

The videos are relevant because it's blatant cheese, in my opinion, to get a block only to have the CPU defender recover the ball (after the defense just fails to grab it) and end up getting the score. It's a cheesy way to keep a game close. CPU need an offensive rebound to get an extra chance to score? Block out, bang down low, get a real offensive rebound. Instead, the game decides that your Center should stand flat footed and watch as the rebound goes over his head, between the grasps of two other defensive rebounders, and gives the ball to the offensive player who comes from out of nowhere.

If it's a legit offensive rebound, great. But the tactics that the CPU use to get these rebounds, or extra possessions grow old over a number of years.

Again, it's fine to have your opinion, just as I have mine. You aren't sitting in my living room, or probably any other living room to say what we are or are not seeing. Just be content with the fact that you are enjoying the game and aren't seeing things the same way we are.

If you don't see Wolters in the "bad pass" clip above firmly have control of the ball for a second, prior to Beverly deciding that he was going to begin dribbling up the floor on a fast break attempt, then I don't know. It's not a poor animation in my eyes. At the 5 second mark, he has it in his left hand. The game however has Beverly take it in a full dribble to start the fast break. It's a predetermined outcome. Again, this is how I see it.

I'm not convincing anyone of anything, just documenting what I see. For what it's worth, all of these videos were taken in the first quarter alone of the game. There were several more instances of the game pushing my defender WAY out of the play in order to get to the hoop, but unfortunately, the PS4 upload speeds are extremely slow, cutting my internet connection to a crawl.

The other videos I posted earlier in the thread, document my experience extremely well from my point of view.

Just be happy that you're happy with the game and the challenge it presents.
But Gagnon writes a post about how new to the series he is and his cheese post gets a big old thumbs up from you? He's new and agrees and his opinion is ok. I'm new and disagrees, and I get this?

I'm done in this thread. No harm no foul. I appreciate the videos WTF. They show some excellent things the game can improve upon.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 02-08-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #171
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
But Gagnon writes a post about how new to the series he is and his cheese post gets a big old thumbs up from you? He's new and agrees and his opinion is ok. I'm new and disagrees, and I get this?

I'm done in this thread. No harm no foul. I appreciate the videos WTF. They show some excellent things the game can improve upon.
Gagnon happens to see the same things that we're seeing. If you see a post you like or agree with, then you "like" the post.

It's no disrespect to you or your opinion at all. Like I've reiterated numerous times, if you don't see it or aren't experiencing it, that's great. My post means no disrespect to you or any other member of the site, just clarifying and elaborating more on what I'm seeing and why I feel a certain way.

For the past (I can't remember how many) years, I would NEVER go into the Bugs & Glitches thread in the 2k forums, because I didn't want to see anything that could potentially taint my opinion of the game. It has/had it's downfalls and things that I didn't like, but it wasn't breaking the game enough for me.

I probably would have never came into a thread like this in years past, but I'm at my wits end with the game. I got the download code, have played 2 games, and am wanting to be done with it again already.

If you don't see these things, I'm being sincere, stay out of these threads I wouldn't want anyone else's issues with a game to ruin my personal experience. I'm legitimately happy that you're playing the game and enjoying it. I wish I could do the same because graphically, it is a gorgeous game.

For my personal gameplay tastes however, the game is beyond repair for this year, and I won't be buying a 2k game again until I can see that "my issues" are gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #172
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I probably would have never came into a thread like this in years past, but I'm at my wits end with the game. I got the download code, have played 2 games, and am wanting to be done with it again already.

For my personal gameplay tastes however, the game is beyond repair for this year, and I won't be buying a 2k game again until I can see that "my issues" are gone.
Seems unfair to make a valid assessment of the game from having played just 2 games. I don't think that is really enough.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #173
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

www.Coach2K.com, re-read the thread my man. I've played many more than 2 games. I was given a Digital Download copy to try and "test" out for a 2nd time, seeing how my thoughts were after the patches and improvements. This is just 2 games after I have reacquired the game.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #174
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
On the first page of the thread I posted that I played the same 2nd half of the game 4-5 times, with the same outcome. Bumped it down to rookie, and same ignorant outcome.
I guess this is what caught my eye. I've never been challenged in rookie difficulty. Currently running a rookie level MyGM.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #175
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I guess this is what caught my eye. I've never been challenged in rookie difficulty. Currently running a rookie level MyGM.
Nor had I. I picked a game back up at half time in my Kings GM against the Nuggets on Pro. Saw too much "junk" happening, got frustrated, closed app and picked the save back up at half time 3 more times. Finally bumped down to Rookie to "test" to see what would happen, thinking I should easily be able to circumvent the CPU from doing stuff... Needless to say I lost in the same manner as the other. Cheese and Cheating galore.

I start up the game today hoping that some of the stuff had been fixed, but to my dismay, first game back I saw the same things that were happening in that sequence of games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #176
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Nor had I. I picked a game back up at half time in my Kings GM against the Nuggets on Pro. Saw too much "junk" happening, got frustrated, closed app and picked the save back up at half time 3 more times. Finally bumped down to Rookie to "test" to see what would happen, thinking I should easily be able to circumvent the CPU from doing stuff... Needless to say I lost in the same manner as the other. Cheese and Cheating galore.

I start up the game today hoping that some of the stuff had been fixed, but to my dismay, first game back I saw the same things that were happening in that sequence of games.
I'm sure it won't be received this way, but this is meant in a positive way. Basically what you need to do is spend a lot more time on rookie difficulty level then.

I say the above as a person who is doing exactly what he recommends and IS playing on rookie level and who also considers himself a hall of fame level player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »