Home

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

This is a discussion on Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'll agree with everyone else on this one. I've"quit" in the 4th quarter of the same game 4x today alone, just to see how it'd play out. Same results. Cheese like I've never seen. Each game played out nearly identical. I keep it close or lead til late in the 3rd, early 4th when the opposing team pulls this ridiculousness.
lol this sums up the past week for me. it never fails.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't understand why the game can't just be organic instead of using all these CPU cheating. It makes the game feel cheap and frustrating to play.

Plus, I am beginning to find floor spacing is also a problem. Way too many pile ups. Passing in those situations is ripe for CPU cheese. When in a pile up and my center is open under the rim, if I try to pass to him my player tries to pass at a low level through defenders instead of angling it up towards the tall center. So it's often picked off.

I am thinking about starting a petition on change.org that 2k stop CPU cheating in this generation. The game is almost one of the best games ever made, but the CPU cheating has got to go. What do you think about starting a petition?
Old 11-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #27
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

I don't know what the damned patch has fixed, but devs should think of removing all the gameplay changes it added since everybody says it has worsen.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

What you call cheese, I call difficulty spikes that force you to adjust. I don't believe the CPU cheeses. I won a game on Hall of Fame/Simulation 121-118. The score was 119-118 in the final seconds. Rodney Stuckey (CPU) missed both free throws. If the CPU cheesed, would have the free throws have been made?

If the game is too hard, adjust the sliders. No biggy.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Nah just tried, it wont let me start the re-install unless I DL the update
That's too bad. You can always try doing roster and playbook edits for 1 or 2 teams and watch the difference in that.

Playbook edits are really huge. A lot if the plays are broken, so the cpu just starts freelancing quite often. In the current Gen forums there's a playbook thread. I've used it and as it turns out if the play works or is broken for current gen, it carries to next gen. It can be time consuming, but editing 2K has always been a lengthy process. Well worth it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
The rosters are always bad. In time though, just like current Gen and previous iterations of the game, people will edit tendencies. A magic number will be found to make guys play like real NBA players, and even like themselves. For instance - simple drive at 100 and using values of 25, 21, 18, 14, 11, 7, 3 and 1 makes guys use dribble moves sparingly. Using the same exact values and turning simple drive down from 100 to 99 makes the same guys dribble like they are making a mix tape. That 1 point changes the game very dramatically. Once everyone figures out more things like that rosters can be fixed and we can really enjoy the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Glad you posted this. I've had to do dribble edits for years because 2K sets player dribble tendencies to dribble like there in a mix tape. Over the years I've found that editing players shooting/touch tendencies, dribble tendencies and teams playbooks dramatically improves the gameplay. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this for next Gen but it looks that way... Also can someone post the link from the current gen forums about the playbooks edits?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #31
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Man it really sucks when you can tell early in the 3rd that your going to lose. Almost %90 of games play out the same. get the lead early 1st then go cold cpu catch up. Second quarter cpu goes on run...human catches up then takes lead into halftime. early 3 quarter human player cant hit water if he fell out of a boat, cpu controls game. 4 quarter human goes on run ties game, and to close it out human goes cold once again. Combine this with the shot clock cheese.....

and don't even get me started on the offensive rebounding...
Just wow the cheese is unbelievable

Throughout 3 quarters im dominating the Lakers with the Warriors it was by 18-23 points something around there ..here comes the 4th quarter Kobe , Kaman , Gasol making everything inside every single freaking shot there was absolutely nothing i could do

It ended up going to OT because of them pounding me inside for a good 20-30 points in that last quarter and Stephen Jackson hitting the 3 to send it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...32093844677182

Rebounding ISSUE. It was one of those moments that you "knew" that the CPU was going to score. Finishing the play, the ball was kicked out to a wide open Gallinari. This is the same game that I've been restarting, same exact stuff happening.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...68610519107096

If my guys could make this kind of pass, without the CPU super defensive awareness, I'd go unbeaten. Triple teamed for some reason, and bounces passes across the lane behind my defender, who is oblivious that anything is going on.

I quit right after this. Going to uninstall the patch and see if there's a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »