Home

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

This is a discussion on Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...79011921365904

When Nate wants buckets, Nate gets buckets.

First, if a dribble through traffic, the ball gets knocked to the floor almost constantly. That's fine. But when the ball goes THROUGH both of my legs and hits my feet, and he continues his dribble morphing through me, I get aggravated. This is another time that the computer felt compelled to score.

It goes as far to force me out of position and standing out of bounds in order to allow Nate enough room to score. It also positions Patterson just far enough out of reach to help.

Also, for those of you wondering, lost the game by 8. Same as I lost the SAME game on the past 5 times I've played it. And I've held the lead prior to these "things" happening. Someone my defense turns into mindless drones who constantly get lost nowhere near the play.

Just for giggles, this last game, once the "run" started in the 4th, I turned it down to Rookie, just to see if that would have any implication on the playout of the game. Needless to say, it didn't. It continued, regardless of skill level. I guess I'll just play one off games instead.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #50
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...79011921365904

When Nate wants buckets, Nate gets buckets.

First, if a dribble through traffic, the ball gets knocked to the floor almost constantly. That's fine. But when the ball goes THROUGH both of my legs and hits my feet, and he continues his dribble morphing through me, I get aggravated. This is another time that the computer felt compelled to score.

It goes as far to force me out of position and standing out of bounds in order to allow Nate enough room to score. It also positions Patterson just far enough out of reach to help.

Also, for those of you wondering, lost the game by 8. Same as I lost the SAME game on the past 5 times I've played it. And I've held the lead prior to these "things" happening. Someone my defense turns into mindless drones who constantly get lost nowhere near the play.

Just for giggles, this last game, once the "run" started in the 4th, I turned it down to Rookie, just to see if that would have any implication on the playout of the game. Needless to say, it didn't. It continued, regardless of skill level. I guess I'll just play one off games instead.
So basically what you're saying is, even outside of MyCareer we get scripted games?
Old 11-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #51
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Well, that's MyGM. I just quit the same game in the last few seconds, and restarted it to see if it'd play out the same.

Regular Quick Games feel fine. No issues. But MyGM is definitely scripted. All of those videos came from 1 game of MyGM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #52
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Well, that's MyGM. I just quit the same game in the last few seconds, and restarted it to see if it'd play out the same.

Regular Quick Games feel fine. No issues. But MyGM is definitely scripted. All of those videos came from 1 game of MyGM.
Damn, yeah that's what I was afraid of. Some games in MyCareer are blatantly scripted, I was hoping that wouldn't carry over to any other parts of the game. Looks like it does.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ive just been playing on the default Pro/Sim sliders and experience everything that has been mentioned. ive just played 2 games where I adjusted the sliders in the parts that are giving me problems. I lowered them all by 5. (CPU rebounding, on ball defense, etc) and I also upped the User speed and quickness by 3, I was sick of getting chased down by the center while using a speedy PG, this seems to play a little more realistic. I also lowered all CPU alley oop sliders to 20, and in 2 games I have seen one attempt and it failed. Thats a lot better than the 6 per game that would happen earlier.

So try that, lower what its giving you problems by 5, give yourself a point or 2 advantage in speed and quickness, and see how that goes and adjust accordingly. I think after the patch the default sliders dont play the same way and need to be adjusted
Old 11-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Because you didn't lead pass into the paint. And you taking the straight lane instead of breaking it wider, you should've just euro stepped left and drew the foul since you had him back pedaling anyways.

Idk how you passed though, not saying it's your fault but looked like you just passed without leading, just tapped the button.
I disagree. That situation is basic basketball sense. Of course the other player should move towards the paint. There is nothing special about that. Why move out for a high risk shot when the paint is wide open? The teammate should have went towards the paint.

As someone said earlier, we hoped that with more CPU power and a new engine 2k would not have to resort to plain old CPU cheating/cheesing to win. This drastically erodes the game's fun factor. I want to feel good after a loss. It will be far more fun if the computer beats me by playing better basketball, and not by cheating. I want to get beat by a computer that simply out-coached me, played smart ball, exposed the weaknesses of my players or even realistically getting outmuscled in the paint.

At this point, when I lose a game, I feel cheated. This needs to be fixed.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #55
MVP

What's to disagree? The ai in 2k has never been perfect, lead pass and the guy is certain to move towards the paint. The players move towards the ball so when he didn't lead pass him the trajectory (don't know if that's what you'd consider it) had him push out further than he actually should have.

The point is 2k is what it is. The game has never ever ever been perfect but this year out of the box on next gen it's a lot cleaner and hearing about CPU points in paint and the CPU cheating is absurd.

People are making claims and continuing to complain when they're playing offline and can easily adjust the difficulty or sliders.

Playing on HOF with no adjustments to tendencies I just beat the hawks 102-89, held them to 37% shooting, 34 points in paint, 10 third quarter points where I held them for a 15% 4/27 shooting.

Obviously the CPU is going to make runs at times where they hit everything. So do we. It's momentum, at times it may be extreme but let's be real about the situation. The game, for offline, gives you all the tools you need. Whether it be consistency, gather and release difficulty, awareness, speed, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #56
MVP

And the moment in the second half you notice the CPU is making that run, all you need to do is call a time out, feed the ball through your star player, try to draw the foul to slow the game down and adjust your POE to limit transition. Bam. Hope this helps some of you guys out having troubles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »