Home

Who is in charge of roster ratings?

This is a discussion on Who is in charge of roster ratings? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Who is in charge of roster ratings?

Hoping Sullinger and Olynyk (and Faverani) all get 3 pt upgrades.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatingkitchen
if the daily updates don't happen and i doubt they will because they haven't said anything about them, 2k really needs to be held accountable for marketing a feature and then not actually having it in the game. smh

Also, i'd say Batum and Matthews are the only guys that need upgrades on the blazers.
Its the entire team... well maybe not major upgrades but the entire team has clueless ratings.

Lillard is badly misrrated. Not really underrated but missrated.

Batum is underrated because he hasnt been updated for years now while he has improved as a player. Matthews got a 3pt bump and little else when his shooting is hot everywhere. http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...layerID=202083 His shot chart is insane. It certainly looks like his shot has improved from good to elite. He even takes a share off the dribble and he is much better at finishing.

Aldridge is still built like a rookie. They have him at 240 with a str of 60. Aldridge has improved in the post and from 18 feet. His fallaway in the post and his 18 foot jumpshot is black swanish. He is almost as dominant from the left side as Dirk was from the right.

Leonard is missrated. He is rated like a plodder when he is really a good athlete with a good shot but cant crack the rotation because he lacks defense and rebounding. Joel Freeland is the most improved player on the team. He went from a guy who was slow and dumb; admittedly running into his teammates on defense to an above average defensive player which is why the more athletic and better shooting Leonard sits the bench.

Lopez is underrated because the game doesnt respect boxing out and his per minn rebounds are up playing next to Aldridge who also boxes out well.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 12-03-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Probably the same guy running the Jackson Ellis twitter account
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

2k seriously hire someone devoted to making actual roster updates. I'd do it for $50 a week with no problems. I'm sure you guys pay nba2kinsider more than that and he does nothing. I'm Dead serious though hire someone devoted to roster changes

(Galaxy S4)
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Its the entire team... well maybe not major upgrades but the entire team has clueless ratings.

Lillard is badly misrrated. Not really underrated but missrated.

Batum is underrated because he hasnt been updated for years now while he has improved as a player. Matthews got a 3pt bump and little else when his shooting is hot everywhere. http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...layerID=202083 His shot chart is insane. It certainly looks like his shot has improved from good to elite. He even takes a share off the dribble and he is much better at finishing.

Aldridge is still built like a rookie. They have him at 240 with a str of 60. Aldridge has improved in the post and from 18 feet. His fallaway in the post and his 18 foot jumpshot is black swanish. He is almost as dominant from the left side as Dirk was from the right.

Leonard is missrated. He is rated like a plodder when he is really a good athlete with a good shot but cant crack the rotation because he lacks defense and rebounding. Joel Freeland is the most improved player on the team. He went from a guy who was slow and dumb; admittedly running into his teammates on defense to an above average defensive player which is why the more athletic and better shooting Leonard sits the bench.

Lopez is underrated because the game doesnt respect boxing out and his per minn rebounds are up playing next to Aldridge who also boxes out well.
And Paul Millsap's mid range rating is too low...Al Horford's ball handling is too low...so then change the ratings, save the roster, and import it into your chosen game mode. Not difficult. Kind of a pain in the *** now the way they have you load rosters now from online, but not difficult. I'd also like to point out the need to perhaps curb your enthusiasm. It's still early in the year. Yes Aldridge is an all-star, and Wes Matthews has improved his game tremendously, but come on with Brook Lopez and Joel Freeland. Give them more time, maybe let the calender year change, before we crown their asses.

Last edited by FedExPope; 12-03-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
And Paul Millsap's mid range rating is too low...Al Horford's ball handling is too low...so then change the ratings, save the roster, and import it into your chosen game mode. Not difficult. Kind of a pain in the *** now the way they have you load rosters now from online, but not difficult. I'd also like to point out the need to perhaps curb your enthusiasm. It's still early in the year. Yes Aldridge is an all-star, and Wes Matthews has improved his game tremendously, but come on with Brook Lopez and Joel Freeland. Give them more time, maybe let the calender year change, before we crown their asses.
Brook's in Brooklyn.

Of course Freeland deserves a boost. Any player that goes from being a hapless defensive player to a good defensive player deserves a boost and Lopez like most true centers has been underrated for a while. Rashidi gave him an 11 point overall boost. I dont know what he changed but I know his edits are based on statistical analysis and not the insider's hocus pocus. I also know that the Trail Blazers would not be 15-3 with Hickson at the 5 and last season's Freeland.

Portland is just an example of what is wrong with most of the teams. If Portland is this bad do I really want to just change Portland while the rest of the teams that I will play are in similar shape? Some of the teams dont have their real 15 players and I'm talking about month old transactions.

And on top of that have you seen what the game looks like when you give the player's their proper measurements? The players look that much better. All of the measurements are generic.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Remember when they said player ratings will be updated on a daily basis? LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »