Home

How does everyone feel about The Park?

This is a discussion on How does everyone feel about The Park? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #17
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How does everyone feel about The Park?

I've had a bit of fun with the park. Playing only the 5v5 mode. I have an under 70 ovr point forward. Most games people realize what kind of game I'm playing and let me run the offense and pass me the ball from the inbound. I'm not looking to score, just get the win by getting assists, playing defense and rebounding. I think in the best game I had something like 7 boards, 9 assists and 0 points (I had an open dunk at one point but my dunk rating is only 30 so I blew it). I get a few points every now and again from putbacks and open shots (my 3pt is only 70 so not taking too many).

I've had success playing this way and pretty much have gotten to stay on the court for as long as I've liked once I get in. After a round or two everyone on the team knows their roles and the game gets even more efficient. Games take a long time so you don't really get more than 2-4 games with the same group though.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #18
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

It's annoying seeing a bunch of 7ft Michael Jordans. Seriously, what's the fun in that? I mean my 6'7 small forward looks like a point guard when I play the Park.

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 12-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #19
Rookie

RevivedZack's Arena

OVR: 0

IF they can get the park to work properly, it will be the best game mode in 2k.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

I was just about to open a thread about this. In theory, it sounds like a alot of fun, but you're streaming other people on 1 big map consisting of 100 connected players. If you pay attention to the courts around you, players are warping and such. There is lag. The 2k servers suck. Really really suck. They need more dedicated servers. I have a good internet connection, there's no reason for warp.

I don't getting next. I rather just jump in a quick game. Or please give us a LOBBY! Lobbies haven't been in since 2k7. I wait walking to court to court, right when you have next, a guy leaves cause he's been waiting forever.

I like the idea, but it would need some work or they need to just get a blacktop lobby. Jump right in, its painfree.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa17
i was playing yesterday, and was the only big in the 3v3 (my guy is 6'11"). i could hear my teammates lament the fact that i sagged my 71 overall guy off the 99 SG i was made to guard, to prevent a dunkfest but giving up the three. so i try to be a good teammate and start pressing up on him, and he proceeds to blow by me every time for easy dunks. i agree totally that there should be more incentive to specialize player types. i'd be apt to avoid playing in games with dudes ranked 80+ too, but at this point, i'm just happy to get any run in this mode.

they were also clowning me for having the stock clothing ... the whole time i'm thinking to myself "i'll be DAMNED if i'm gonna blow VC on purely cosmetic clothing!"

and Lid is right ... with specific rating caps, isn't the eventual end to it all having a ton of identical players running around?
Lol Chris smoove calls them the dirty brown shirts. I agree with your POV. Until I get the rating I am comfortable with, I will spend money on vc, but until then, its just vs on important stuff.

Its the park. Not a game. I'm a spot up three point shooter. I run to the corners for the open shot all the time. I'm a catch and shoot guy. Lol If I have the shot, I take it, but I don't force it. I don't get alot of shots. The only time I really get a pass is someone bails out and needs a pass or if I'm open from the corner.

I won 3 games straight before losing one. Damn.

They need to fix collision detection in the park. These guys are driving to the hoop like nba live. Its crazy

Last edited by yungflo; 12-07-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #22
Rookie

They need to patch the play with friends option ASAP
Old 12-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
Rookie

Too many ball hogs, and guys with 99 speed and quickness is ridiculous how much court they cover. The constant reaching and the lag is unbearable. I love the idea but it has some kinks to work out.

(Galaxy S4)
Old 12-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #24
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatingkitchen
They need to patch the play with friends option ASAP
It's working; well it was yesterday. I was finally able to consistently play with someone I know, and surprise surprise, we went on quite a winning streak.

I'm down to play with you guys that haven't given up on the mode. It's much easier to win when teammates know and play their role. My guy is only a 77 (on purpose), and I do fine against higher ovr who are close to my height. I hate the 99s too though. Takes user skill out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »