Home

Every game crashes

This is a discussion on Every game crashes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Every game crashes

Quick games crashing for me too.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
Banned

I'm not sure if this is the fix or not, but I had turned off DVR Recording in my settings on the Xbox One. Every game I played with the DVR set not to record crashed. I turned recording back on last night, and got through a game. Just one though. I'll have to try to play a few more before I know it worked. I turned the DVR Recording off because it was recording a lot of gameplay I didn't care to keep, but if that will allow me to play so be it, but 2K really needs to look in to this.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
Rookie

None of these solutions worked. It has been a full week now since playing a full game. While we have polls on this site where folks are saying this game is amazing. This is for people who might have thought we were trolling.

Angel M, Dec 04 23:47 (PST):
Hello Missjoyceepps,

Missjoyceepps, Dec 04 21:53 (PST):
Nba2k14 for Xbox one does not let me play my career or quick match without going back to the Xbox home. It's been a week and I have used every roster. Please help.

Thank you for contacting 2K Sports. We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with NBA2K14. First we'd suggest the following steps from Sony and Microsoft:

PS4

Try booting into Safe Mode from this guide offered by Sony:

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/5044

From this guide, what we'd suggest is the "Rebuild Database" option. Note: The Initializing option does state that it will wipe your date. When booting into Safe Mode, please make sure not to choose this option.

XBO

Please refer to the following guide from Microsoft:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...system-updates

If this does not help, a few questions answered will be able to further assist us:
- Where is this happening
- What was the last action taken when last playing without issue.
- What process did you follow when turning off your console after this previous gaming session?
- Are you using a previous account from a PS3, or a newly created account?
- Can you provide a screen capture of any error message or any screen where your game is hanging?

Also please provide us more information about your account

Gamertag/PSNid:
Email Address Attached to your MyPlayer Account:
+ The names of all MyCareer save files that are corrupted as they show on your console's HDD
**A Screenshot for every corrupt file showing that the MyCareer File(s) is corrupted or any error message**
If you have any other questions about file corruption, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Angel M
Troubleshoot system updates on your Xbox One console
Overview

If your Xbox One console software doesn’t update successfully, you may see one of the following issues or error messages:

Console will not progress past the start-up animation
There was a problem with the update
Your Xbox is almost full.
Solutions

Topics

Your Xbox is almost full

Error codes

This error can occur in two different scenarios with very similar troubleshooting steps, but each requires downloading a different file. Please review both scenarios before troubleshooting.

Note When you see the green Xbox start-up animation, your console is running a full system check on all hardware components, validating firmware and the operating system. This is very similar to the way a PC starts. This start-up animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next screen because of this full system check. This is not an error, unless it takes longer than 10 minutes and still has not progressed to the next screen.

Scenario 1: You have just unboxed your Xbox One console and have powered on for the first time. You see the green start-up animation screen for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to an image of the Xbox One controller.

Scenario 2: You have just received a system update from Xbox Live. After you download and install the system update, the console is forced to restart. After the console restarts, the green start-up animation screen lasts for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to either the next screen in your system setup or to the Home screen, depending on whether this is your first update or a later update.

Solution for Scenario 1: First time start-up of the Xbox One console

After the Xbox One console has stalled on the green start-up animation screen, you must power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
If you again see the green start-up animation screen for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to an image of the Xbox One controller, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool. The OSUDT file you will want to download is OSUDT1.
If any of the following apply, you may need to repair your console:

Power cycling the console has no effect.
You can’t complete the installation of the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
To submit a repair, visit the Xbox Online Service Center.
Solution for Scenario 2: After installing an update to the Xbox One console

After the Xbox One console has stalled on the green start-up animation screen, you must power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.
If you again see the green start-up animation screen for 10 minutes or longer without transitioning to an image of the Xbox One controller, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool. The OSUDT file you will want to download is OSUDT2.
If any of the following apply, you may need to repair your console:
Power cycling the console has no effect.
You can’t complete the installation of the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

This message can appear before, during, or after a system update has started. In general, this type of error is a network or caching issue.

Solution

Troubleshoot your network. Here’s how:
Select Check network connection. This test should verify that you have a working Internet connection from your Xbox One to your network device.
Try to resolve any errors that appear. See the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution to resolve any network connection errors.
If you can’t resolve the errors, you may have other issues with your network that are causing your Xbox One to time out or fail the system update. These issues may include the following:
Wireless interference
High packet loss
Latency.
If any of these issues are causing a problem, try a wired connection if possible.
If you see the It’s all good screen after running the Check network connection test, the issue is not your network.
Select Start update again.
If you see the There was a problem with the update screen again, power cycle your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 5 seconds. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
If you see the There was a problem with the update screen again, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.
If any of the following apply, you may need a repair:
You can’t correct your network connection.
You can’t try a wired connection.
You continue to see the There was a problem with the update screen while attempting the update with a wired connection and after power cycling the console.
Notes

Once you‘ve successfully installed the system update, you’ll have more tools to help you troubleshoot your network in depth. See Network settings on Xbox One for further troubleshooting.
If your Xbox One has not been connected to the Internet for a long period of time, it may need to perform several updates to get back up to date. To see a build history, see System updates for the Xbox One operating system. Continue to perform updates until the update process is complete.
Your Xbox is almost full

This error is only associated with content updates of games or apps you already have downloaded and installed.

During the initial calculation of size and time associated with the content update, the system determined that you don’t have enough space available on your hard drive for this new content.

Solution

You’ll first need to free up some space. Here’s how:

Select Go to my games & apps.
Select content you’re not currently using, such as a game trailer or an old app or game.
Press the Menu button.
Select Uninstall.
Try again to launch the game or app associated with the content update. The update process should start again.
Error codes

You may get an error code after updating your console software. Look for the error below and try the suggested troubleshooting steps.

From the There’s a problem with the update screen, hold down both triggers and both bumpers on your controller at the same time. A new screen will appear that will display the Update Error across the bottom.

Note The “x” digits vary according to several factors, such as region or country. Exclude the first two characters (0x); the next eight characters will point you to the error codes listed below.

If you have an Exxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx number displayed across the bottom of your screen after a system update, you don’t need to take the step above. Instead, locate your Exxx error message from the list below.

Error code

What you should do

80072xxx

87ddxxxx

8007019x

8019019x

These are network errors. To resolve, you should troubleshoot your network connection.

Select Check network connection. This test should determine if you have a working Internet connection from your Xbox One to your network device.
Try to repair any errors that appear. See the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution to help resolve any network connection errors.
If you don’t receive any network errors or can’t resolve the errors you do see, you may have other problems with your network that are causing your Xbox One to time out or fail the system update. These issues can include the following:
Wireless interference
High packet loss
Latency.
If any of these issues are causing a problem, try a wired connection.
If you see the same error message, power cycle your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 5 seconds. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord for 30 seconds.
If you’re still unable to download the system update through your connection to Xbox Live, you can try using the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool in a final attempt to resolve the issue.
If any of the following apply, you may need a repair:
You can’t correct your network connection.
You can’t try a wired connection.
You continue to see the There was a problem with the update screen while attempting the update with a wired connection and after power cycling the console.
Note Once you’ve successfully installed the system update, you’ll have more tools to help you troubleshoot your network in depth. See Network settings on Xbox One for further troubleshooting.

800701e7

The system update that is trying to install is failing validation during the system update file verification.

To resolve this issue, you will need to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

If you continue to receive this error, or if you’d like help understanding the steps to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool, please contact Xbox Support.

8b050033

This error means that your Xbox One requires a system update, but the update is not currently available.

This error could occur if there’s an issue with the Xbox servers. Try again later.

E100 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

This indicates that there was an issue while updating your hardware, and that you’ll need to submit your console for a repair.

E101 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

This indicates that there was an error while trying to install and run the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

You may have accidentally downloaded an incorrect OSUDT file. Please review the instructions on how to locate the correct OS version in order to select the correct OSUDT file, and then try downloading and installing the file again.

For instructions on how to install and perform the OSUDT, see Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

If you continue to receive this error, or if you’d like help understanding the steps to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool, please contact Xbox Support.

E203 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

The system update that was installed is failing validation during the system check.

To resolve this issue, you will need to install the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

Related Issues

System updates for the Xbox One operating system
About system updates on your Xbox One console
Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool
Power cycle your Xbox One console
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem? YesNo
Support Resources
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Rookie

MegaJohn's Arena

Thumbs down Re: Every game crashes

I guess I was lucky for the most part, because before the patch on X1, I didn't have a problem completing any game, aside from My Career not loading since I bought VC before the Rookie Showdown. Now post patch, I haven't been able to get through more than 1 My Career game without being dashboarded, and now the damn thing won't even get past the LeBron splash image before sending me back to the dash. Its a damn shame, the 2 games I was looking forward to most on next gen, and simply unplayable. NBA 2K14, and Battlefield 4.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #13
Banned

This is still happening. I'm obviously not the only one who is experiencing this nonsense. I don't understand why this isn't being addressed.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #14
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Same here, before patch 2 everything worked fine, even Game DVR recording. After patch everything got screwed and crash to dashboard started appearing. Not good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »